Active Topics

Poll: Which is your browser of choise?
Poll Options
Which is your browser of choise?

The title says it all.

I'm currently running Firefox 3.6 (Beta 1), which I downloaded recently today (I think). It's quick, it has handy features and tons of add-ons, that's why.

I don't use Microsoft Internet Explorer simply enough because it sucks. There's one thing that I like about it though, and that's the default search engine - which for once isn't Google. Not that Bing is that great...

I don't use Google Chrome mainly because of the lack of privacy, but it lacks Firefox's number of add-ons as well, and you can't really trust Google...

I don't use other browsers because they lack a wide variety of add-ons (sometimes at all), and many of them are dependent on Google...

If there was one thing I'd want to change in Firefox, then it wouldn't be the design, the speed, the features; it'd be the default search engine, although everyone is free to change it, many people do not.

Firefox fits all my needs, besides the "Google thingy", but I can forgive them for this one. That's also why I use it.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Weeell, you can use IE8 and have a Bingy default.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9DBynJUCS4

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
OmniWeb, baby!

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Weeell, you can use IE8 and have a Bingy default.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9DBynJUCS4
I can easily change that myself. The thing isn't what I have, it's what other have. Since Firefox is considered as the superior browser (I agree about this), people will automatically get Google Search by default. And that's the problem.

Edit: Did I ever say that Bing is good? I tried to be clear about that I'm against both Google and Microsoft.

Last edited by c0rt3x; 2009-11-01 at 22:34.

Google Chrome all the way baby. Firefox is way too bloated and slow for me.
Latest Chrome from the development release (4.-something?) is blazing.

I like FF's add-on capabilities though but whenever I go back to it I have to shut it down w/in a few minutes due to the big hippo it has become

Originally Posted by c0rt3x View Post
I can easily change that myself. Since Firefox is considered as the superior browser (I agree about this), people will automatically get Google Search by default. And that's the problem.
Superior browser? Lol? Maybe a year or two ago
We've moved on since then.

Originally Posted by c0rt3x View Post
I tried to be clear about that I'm against both Google and Microsoft.
Ah that clarifies it

I've been using FireFox since it's 1.5 days. I just love their add on system. I can't stop using a particular download manager from their add ons.

Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
Superior browser? Lol? Maybe a year or two ago
We've moved on since then.
Firefox 3.6 is faster than Chrome 3.0. Or do you claim otherwise? I agree about that 3.5 was one of the worst (and most pointless) releases in Firefox's history though.

Last edited by c0rt3x; 2009-11-01 at 22:48.