http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27643

"IT SEEMS that some US based Linux fans just can't wait to get their hands on Nokia's 770 Internet tablet. An Internet site dedicated to the device www.internettablettalk.com is already drumming up rumours of a shortage."

Posts: 148 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Stimutax, AZ
LOL!!!

It seems that a love of Linux and impatience go hand in hand.
It seems that someone's impatience was more of a story than an actual shortage.

Well, at least we got some answers, which was all I wanted in the first place. Although, it really isn't far fetched to have wondered what was going on given the wording of the press release and the quick Euro store sellout. Both of those seemed to indicate immediate Euro availability rather than "...the date it leaves the factory in Finland - it isn't the date from which it's available in the shops." Had the store started taking orders with no stock from the get go, there really wouldn't have been any confusion. It would have been interpreted like many other new product launches - announcement is made and availability follows sometime thereafter. That's not what happened here.

Jeff

"the date it leaves the factory in Finland"

Strange, at least in my box and device it clearly states "Made in Germany". Nokia(UK) representative doesn't seem to know, where their devices are coming, or are there several factories manufacturing them?

I sent a message back to them today about the article since the US situation is wrought with confusion and most of the Euro stores are still out of stock. Additionaly, I mentioned that his comment about shipping from the factory doesn't explain why some units were sold starting on the 3rd, why those quantities ran out so quickly or why it would take from the 7th to the end of November for new orders tp be shipped out to customers.

Jeff

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Internet_Cafe_W3
Damn right a love for linux, you think I'm a Linux administrator because it's just something to pay the bills? I could be a poor miserable Windows administrator constantly counting my gray hairs due to exploit upon exploit that places my network one step close to that Darn Wabbit, A.K.A. Hacker_Mang! Also if you have watched Stealth which just hit dvd you noticed that Linux was the OS running on that "Bad" jet which turned out to be the hero in the end!
Now Gimmie My Toy!