For users like me that has had os 2007 crash o them here is an easy way to install flash 9 on there 2006 os 770 .

Please backup all 1st befor you start . also you will need to backup your flash 6 plugin .

this is what i did to get it install .

Close the browser then...

To install flash 9
Code:
sudo gainroot
wget http://nmacleod.com/nokia/n800/micro...-4.2007.tar.gz
tar xvzf microb_flash-4.2007.tar.gz -C /

Next you need to make some system ilinks and copy files/rename the plun to what the 770 2006os is looking for to make this work.Do this next .

ln -s libplayback-1.so.0.0.4 libplayback-1.so.0

ln -s /usr/lib/browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so /home/user/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

Thats it your done you will see flash 9 plugin lied in plugin's and then you can go to google and search for a flash test site to test your flash 9. It works grat for me as 2007he crashed on me a lot .

To uninstall (and revert to Flash 7): remember you must recopy the backed up flash 6 plugin .

Close the browser then...

Code:
sudo gainroot
rm /usr/lib/browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so

Now copy your backed up flash 6 plugin.

good luck

I have added some screenshots .
Attached Images

Last edited by computerfreek; 2007-10-17 at 00:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to computerfreek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Indiana
Whoa!

And you tested it various places for functionality? I realize you say "working", just looking to confirm.

Nice...and it seems way too *easy* compared to some other trickery we must perform to reach other solutions.

Sadly, having put 2007HE on my 770 about a month ago has increasingly proven to be more irritating. The device has developed the "it looks busy, oh wait it may be locked, oh no, it's rebooting itself" symptom more and more frequently. I'll probably flash again and keep it clean for a couple of weeks to see if it really IS something I added/installed.

Thanks for the instructions...time to break something else :P

Flash 9 on 2006os runs Good . it runs about the same maybe a bit faster on 2006os . I went and played some game and checkout a few other flash sites .As for youtube it loads the flash fine but the videos still look like crap just like in 2007HE with flash 9. But over all i been runing it this way for 2 weeks now and it's been great my 770 has not rebooted on it's own or crashed . where with 2007 HE os it crashed every day or locked up/slowed way down.

Thanks

I added screenshots for you

Just an update I been doing some more testing and soar the best video playback from a website has been myspace and tinypic . but who cares about video playback via flash thats why we have video players. ) small flash games work great !!!

Last edited by computerfreek; 2007-10-16 at 21:10.

Posts: 255 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ United Kingdom
From your instructions, am I right in thinking you're not running Opera?

I tried your instructions and the plugin doesn't work in Opera.

I am sorry i forgot the line tharenames it to the right plugin that the brower is looking for . Try this

try this

ln -s /usr/lib/browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so /home/user/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

I will update the 1st post also . I delete mine and started backover to check that i had it right for you.

Originally Posted by computerfreek View Post
I am sorry i forgot the line tharenames it to the right plugin that the brower is looking for . Try this

try this

I will update the 1st post also . I delete mine and started backover to check that i had it right for you.
Why do you use "/home/user/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so" ?
Does Opera find the plugins from this path?

Where do you get libplayback from? And what folder should that first simlink go into? Because right now neither microb nor opera sees the flash plugin when I replace my old one.

Last edited by Evil Robot; 2007-10-17 at 07:30.

Originally Posted by Evil Robot View Post
Where do you get libplayback from? And what folder should that first simlink go into? Because right now neither microb nor opera sees the flash plugin when I replace my old one.
The file is in /usr/lib.

The original poster is almost certainly using the microb browser engine, rather than Opera. The fact he placed the plugin link in a .mozilla directory proves this. Also, I seem to recall reading that OS2007 uses a different browser plugin structure to OS2006 (see here: http://browser.garage.maemo.org/news/6/), so the Flash 9 plugin can *never* work with the Opera engine on OS2006.

It is working in both engine's as you can see from the 3rd photo that is opera and it is listed and working on websites even there on dslreports. I think I found what happen was i already had the system link from the 1st install so i did not need to do cd /user/lib befor the rename. so lets start over I am very sorry for the mix up.

start over

sudo gainroot
wget http://nmacleod.com/nokia/n800/micro...-4.2007.tar.gz

rm /usr/lib/browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so

cd /user/lib " that is where i think i messed up on the last post "

Please retest it this way and let me know.

I am very sorry for the mix up but it is working great on my end.

Comoputerfreek

I did what you say earlier (I worked out where the file should be linked), and it doesn't work.

The plugin doesn't show up in Opera (running Opera engine) when you click to view the plugins. Sites like YouTube don't detect any Flash plugin. Opera also becomes a little unstable and crashes more.

Somebody may contradict me but, unless you've sourced the Flash 9 plugin file from some source other than an 800, this simply can't work for Opera running the Opera engine.