Active Topics

Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
If the Nokia n1 had an active digitizer then it would be a perfect replacement for my Galaxy Note 8, but it doesn't. The specs show it with a 64 bit CPU, which means it would probably have support for 64 bit efi and thus might be able to run linux. The main issue is still the powervr GPU and the lack of x86 linux drivers. Maybe libhybris could be used as a work around.
my first reaction to x86 was the same, but then theonelaw made it clear (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=86), x86 on a ship does not sail lightly

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikelima View Post
Well, am I the only one that thinks a gsm phone in every device is stupid?

I use my tablet with wifi. If I need it on the go, I will use my phone as a wifi router.
NSA has problems if there are no open wifi networks around though, GSMize everything (internet of toilets and stuff)

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikelima View Post
Well, am I the only one that thinks a gsm phone in every device is stupid?

I use my tablet with wifi. If I need it on the go, I will use my phone as a wifi router.
Well, am I the only one that thinks a wifi in every device is stupid...I want 10/100 wired LAN and shut off all wireless stuff..I hope that my USB 2.0 Fast Ethernet Adapter works with N1.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to teroyk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by ejcrashed View Post
Really? thats so sad

It seemed like pre-Elop Nokia was a nice place to work, and now that the guy is gone... well, i don't blame them.

Just wondering, is there some actual tablet that is using that same HW configuration?
I think the greatest open source team from Finland had to work in there before the Elop hasle.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockenroller For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Helsinki
...Nothing wrong with those windows systems but disk fragments and slowing down by time. And that vulnerinability?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockenroller For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...

Unfortunately, it does not seem to have a keyboard. It is probably based on Nokia Lumia 2520?
And the touchscreen is capacitive...
Maybe, Maemo could run on it. It would be fun :-)
Wait for Fremantle Porting Task Force to RE all the closed bits in Maemo for that.
Help them, if you have time and will.

Best wishes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by teroyk View Post
Well, am I the only one that thinks a wifi in every device is stupid...I want 10/100 wired LAN and shut off all wireless stuff..I hope that my USB 2.0 Fast Ethernet Adapter works with N1.
2009 called, they want their 10/100 card back, offer gigabit in exchange

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
After the NIT came the NOT.
After MeeGo came MeToo.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
If I understand this correctly it will be made, sold, maintained, etc by Foxconn.

So Nokia just leased their brand to Foxconn. (?)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
If I understand this correctly it will be made, sold, maintained, etc by Foxconn.

So Nokia just leased their brand to Foxconn. (?)
It's not likely that Nokia will do anything significant before 2016. They can't (by contract with Microsoft) even if they would.

The Following User Says Thank You to pishta74 For This Useful Post:

Tags
alive, nokia