Active Topics

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
The most annoying is that if you have already the PC Suite installed it proposes to "update" it to the new and better OVI suite.

Actually they know it's not ready; that's why instead of an upgrade they do a side by side installation.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by bsving View Post
next fw i guess
or next next update of OVI Store. It must be a software problem since it works with PC Suite.

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver Island, Canada
Originally Posted by sorodoros View Post
I saw it there, too, and got the same installation results. It is not supported, despite what the campatibilty list says.
So I'm not going crazy. But if you look NOW, it's gone!

I just got off the phone with Nokia N900 support and their official position is that synchronizing with Outlook is not officially supported by the N900. I have to wait for a firmware update that is expected sometime this year.

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ West Coast, USA
I think it's best to put the N900 away for about 6 months and by then, everything should be good and ready to go. Firmware update, Ovi Suite, PC Suite, whatever the heck else out there will hopefully all be done. I'm Sick of this BS waiting crap, gee I already had a 3 month waiting period before my phone shipped out!

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Yes, I got the message too. Too bad they couldn't have told us in advance, rather than make us jump thru hoops for nothing.

Of course, if you are trying to sell things, your BEST prospects are people who just made a related purchase. So by being slow with regard to the N900 means they are dumping sales in the trash.

Originally Posted by ABerri View Post
I think it's best to put the N900 away for about 6 months and by then, everything should be good and ready to go. Firmware update, Ovi Suite, PC Suite, whatever the heck else out there will hopefully all be done. I'm Sick of this BS waiting crap, gee I already had a 3 month waiting period before my phone shipped out!
I ordered mine on Sep 29, got it on Dec 7. I agree that it is still 6 months from being ready for "prime time". It is sooooo close...yet just out of reach!

I am also annoyed by the lack of forthrightness on Nokia's part. The Nokia web site funnels us over to Maemo.org, but are the Nokia folks here too? I would really like better communication from Nokia on these issues. E.g. when the heck will the Ovi store really open for N900? Another case of soooo close...yet just out of reach.

Actually, the Nokia web site still implies the N900 is supported by Ovi Suite. Just go to:

http://www.nokiausa.com/get-support-...es-for-your-pc

Then click "Read more" under "Upgrade your Nseries PC Suite". This brings you to the page where you can download Ovi Suite 1.1. The N900 is shown in the list of supported devices. Since we know that is not actually true right now, one can only hope this means it's coming real soon now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bgrigor For This Useful Post:
I never trolled, never had any other phone devices than Nokia (except 1 poor motorola and siemens long time ago). But my N81 8GB says its not supported either! Nokia has such a mess on their website, software and who knows where.
New phone, then OVI 2 released=no support for the phone. U click a link on N900 OVI store- it goes to COMING SOON page, while you can access it via regular store.ovi.com.
When you try to complete the +survey+ about usability of nokia's site- it returns an error at the end. Nokia really should get some new management and fire a couple of people who are getting payed for drinking coffee and eating donuts and not their work actually.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to borland For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
Judging by the picture on this support page http://support.ovi.com/index.php?id=...ing&lang=en_GB hopefully things will be changing soon.

Give up. Nokia really doesn't care about the N900. It's obvious by their lack of really having anything develope for the N900. Even in their updates there are bugs that have been reported as fixed now for two months but are not included in the last two updates.

They just keep on showing they really are not going to develop the N900 into the phone it could be.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post: