Active Topics

Following this with great interest - would love if you could create a garage page and post the source when you are done. As a new programmer to maemo as well I am very interested to see how this apps has developed from concept to finished.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Following this with great interest - would love if you could create a garage page and post the source when you are done. As a new programmer to maemo as well I am very interested to see how this apps has developed from concept to finished.
sure , will do so. I had already planned to create some documentation for this, thats once Im done with some hurdles im still facing as per my previous posts

Im hopeful it will all work out, folks have been most helpful here.

this widget did help me figure out a bug though, seen it appear already in some threads, the battery never charges to 100%
sometimes ive seen the green light indicator and message saying battery full when my widget shows 76% !!! , that battery indicator i the status bar is full though and also the lshal output showed 76%

once this widget is out we can ask the other users also to monitor this.

Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
the battery widget is now available in the extras-devel repository.
Its in the desktop section as batlevel.

Its very basic as Ive just learnt some features in QT, I will be developing on this further, displaying a battery image for a start, currently it shows a bar with percentage on it.
more about the app and improvement or bugs can be discussed here in this new thread please ==> http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=445843

The Following User Says Thank You to krk969 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by timoph View Post
I tried it and It sort of works. You have to launch it from applications menu and it doesn't come up in the widget list.

I had a quick look at it and noticed 2 things that may prevent it from working correctly. 1) It installs the desktop file in the wrong path (should be in /usr/share/applications/hildon-home/) and 2) it's not compliled as shared object like the other desktop widgets.

Changing the install file path alone didn't fix the problem so I recompiled the example as using lib template and edited the desktop file according to documentation here. The widget is now listed in the widget menu but it cannot be started (Error loading module). I'm thinking it needs some changes in the code in order to get it working as a proper desktop widget (I haven't looked how it's implemented yet). I'll try to get it working some time this week if I have some free time to spare.

I suggest that you join the maemo qt4-devel mailing list. You can get answers to development related questions faster there.
this is a better method to use : http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2010/02/24/...creen-widgets/

The Following User Says Thank You to jamie721 For This Useful Post: