Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
not working.. Got the same Black screen and when minimize it just it just closed immediately. And it's 7.59MB for your information.

And I bet if you look back at your desktop, you'll see the battery bar.

I agree, almost 8 megs does seem a little excessive. But nevertheless, thank you, Dev. At least you did something and created an app for this purpose.

Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
not working.. Got the same Black screen and when minimize it just it just closed immediately. And it's 7.59MB for your information.
guys, I think the huge size is due to the dependencies, the library this app is using qtsysteminfo is based on the new QT Mobility API Technology Preview 2, it depends on a lot of other qt libraries like libqt4-maemo5-core, libqt4-maemo5-dbus etc.
Im sure you would have seen this getting installed.

You will be needing all this in your N900 sooner or later to be able to have QT applications so I dont see it as an issue. Feel free to correct me QT gurus.

The app as such is only 16K. the memory footprint is negligible too.

hope ive answered the questions around the 8MB download.
can clarify more if needed, PM me.

cheers

EDIT:

the additional dependent libs are installed in
/opt/qt4-maemo5 ( QT4.6 stuff which is unlikely to exist on your N900 if you havent installed any QT apps that depend on them )
and ive configured qtsysteminfo libs to install in /usr/lib

Last edited by krk969; 2009-12-30 at 10:21. Reason: some additional info

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krk969 For This Useful Post:
Working great for me and something i was looking for.

Working nice for me too. Only one thing. I uninstallet it, but the widget was still there. I then manually deleted the widget from the homescreen, but is it really deleted now, I mean uninstalled? And 8 MB, it is optified (you didn't answer that question earlier)?

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Guys, yet again: the application itself *is not* 8mb.

That 8mb figure includes libraries (Qt, specifically), and whether or not that is optified is certainly not in the control of an external application developer.

To the developer -
Great job. I've been wanting something like this for a while, and will test it out when I get a chance.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
7.59MB wtf...
It is in the Extra-developers repository isn't it?

Wtf, I can't find your app in there.

Nice effort krk969. It does not stay resident after a reboot but I'm sure you know that. I'm looking forward to seeing it widgetized. Perhaps it can be incorporated in the existing status widget like the simple brightness app is.

SLN member # 009

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Newcastle UK
good job..

i am a trainee developer on a graduate programm with a major airline company.. i been doing java and just started learning C++. was thing about doing something small like this to get me started as a developer for maemo but looks like u go there 1st.

quick question. how did you get started setting up and using QT and would it be possible to look at the souce code (hopefully with detailed comments) as a little training for me?

Originally Posted by w00t View Post
That 8mb figure includes libraries (Qt, specifically), and whether or not that is optified is certainly not in the control of an external application developer.
I don't think anyone is blaming anyone for anything. A yes or no from the developer will be sufficient. It is a simple question.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2009 @ shanghai CHAINA
so,but it couldn't like other widget autoboot,add widget fron menu