Posts: 249 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ International
What is the opinion?

http://mynokiablog.com/2010/04/13/ov...-do-you-agree/

I don't think so...i might be wrong in my opinion...

Ovi is so lame it should not even be compared!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ronaldo For This Useful Post:
OVI far more to catch up.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
The partial results are about 50/50 just because it is a Nokia blog... Assuming Meego will be the future, Ovi Store would probably be smashed not only by Apple Store, but many others like Intel ones.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by russo_br View Post
The partial results are about 50/50 just because it is a Nokia blog... Assuming Meego will be the future, Ovi Store would probably be smashed not only by Apple Store, but many others like Intel ones.
Well if the news about major companies like EA, BMW.. etc. that are supposedly signing up to develop for MeeGo then I think there's a huge potential that Ovi store will top both of those stores, since it's open source and there aren't that many restrictions like Apple Store.. etc.

Don't forget that QT is going to be common between Symbian and MeeGo.. so that's another big plus too.. And also don't forget that Symbian and MeeGo can handle many computer languages.. that's another big plus... so I am guessing by now you have an idea of what I am trying to get to here..

Last edited by bandora; 2010-04-13 at 19:32.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
what i liked in ovi is the ovi mail, additional line of e-mail address for me

I think that both Ovi and the Maemo store were caught wanting on this one. The N900 came out and it seems as though no one was ready for it in terms of apps, except for the devs and users.

Ovi, imo, is still struggling to get out of the starting blocks on this one. This is where iPhone has such a huge advantage and drawing card when it comes to the apps stakes. It seems that the device itself is not enough nowadays...but a combined approached of device and apps is the right combination?

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by gryedouge View Post

Ovi, imo, is still struggling to get out of the starting blocks on this one.
Or, they're getting things ready for the future OS's (don't forget that Maemo 5 was planned as a step 4 out of 5)... So we really can't judge OVI store now.... It starts, when MeeGo is officially out..

Then, and only then, you can say that, that's "day one" for Ovi Store..

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
haha this makes me laugh, the linux repos have more apps then the ovi store!

gav

Originally Posted by shaddam View Post
haha this makes me laugh, the linux repos have more apps then the ovi store!

gav
There I agree with you..linux is way ahead but in terms of commercial aspects - ie iApps store vs Ovi?

Tags
ovi store's future