Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Makassar INDONESIA
i'm not using cssu either but frankly i don't know what is the cause

According to blackberry forums it looks like google changed something on their end causing the problem with T&C. BB app received an update and apparently it is all peachy now. Given it is not a problem isolated to my phone this may be the end of Google Maps on N900 unless we can locate an updated generic MIDP version of the app. The BB version has a jad file too but the content seem to be BB specific. I will try m.google.com with a spoofed user-agent to see if they offer a download for some platform. Hopefully I can find the UA string for some MIDP compliant phones.

Last edited by Val Demar; 2013-01-10 at 09:51.

Originally Posted by Val Demar View Post
According to blackberry forums it looks like google changed something on their end causing the problem with T&C. BB app received an update and apparently it is all peachy now. Given it is not a problem isolated to my phone this may be the end of Google Maps on N900 unless we can locate an updated generic MIDP version of the app. The BB version has a jad file too but the content seem to be BB specific. I will try m.google.com with a spoofed user-agent to see if they offer a download for some platform. Hopefully I can find the UA string for some MIDP compliant phones.
Dude I am having the exact same issue on a Sony Ericsson W995 that I completely wiped this weekend (hence reinstalling Google Maps on it).

I'm worried that Google doesn't know about this issue affecting other J2ME users except the Blackberry crowd (since we are so few), and therefore they will not fix this bug.

Please let me know if you find a workaround.

Thanks

GPS functionality is working better and better for me. Makes no sense, but it seems like the more I use it, the faster the "My Location" option appears. I don't mean GPS signal lock...I mean just to get that option at all.

Originally Posted by h0dges View Post
Dude I am having the exact same issue on a Sony Ericsson W995 that I completely wiped this weekend (hence reinstalling Google Maps on it).

I'm worried that Google doesn't know about this issue affecting other J2ME users except the Blackberry crowd (since we are so few), and therefore they will not fix this bug.

Please let me know if you find a workaround.

Thanks
No workaround yet. It is not they that don't know, it is more like they don't care, we live in Android and iPhone world now and I think MIDP maps are no longer supported, you can't even download them from Google or so it seems. I'm afraid we are SOL here, which is unfortunate as I was very excited to get GM working on N900. Having said that it should be possible to decompile Java classes, fix the issue if it is a simple problem, and assemble the app back. Looking at the stack trace the code is obfuscated so this will make it a bit more difficult. This will surely violate all sorts of license agreements but I'm not sure if we care... I wouldn't hold my breath though as it is very likely that the app will break again in the future, so the fix, even if possible, will only buy you some time.

Do you know of any alternative apps that provide mapping from Google?

I know Mobile GMaps used to but they had to remove support and now "only" provide Live, OSM, Yahoo. I wonder if it can be added in.

The thing I'll miss the most is the step-by-step direction instructions.

P.S. Cheers for the fast reply.

One more thing:

One thing I tried to do was "transplant" the java db files from my old phone onto the new phone (having figured out which set belonged to Google Maps), however, that didn't work.

My thinking was that there most likely is a boolean variable stored in a database file that determines whether the user has accepted the T&Cs or not. If it could be flipped then it may circumvent this issue (assuming it's a T&C download error? 404?)

Well for Mobile GMaps the Google Maps Custom URL is:

http://mt1.google.com/vt

I'll edit this post if I can get Satellite and Hybrid layers working.

Sorry to those who feel I've hijacked this thread!

Posts: 673 | Thanked: 230 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Mumbai
can anyone tell me how to install opera mini