Closed Thread
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Shut app, or buy Antoyd device in the meantime. I would cease analytics / development immediately, if demands / whiny messages are increasing.
It's tgalal we want to hear from, not you. Are you even involved in Whatsapp development? I think with the Harmattan world waiting eagerly for news you should keep quiet if you have nothing to say instead of this rude response.

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
It's tgalal we want to hear from, not you. Are you even involved in Whatsapp development? I think with the Harmattan world waiting eagerly for news you should keep quiet if you have nothing to say instead of this rude response.
Though I agree he did sound kind of rude, I will side with don_falcone. I am also very excited about this project's imminent release, but I don't flood threads with stupid requests and demands for updates. I hate it when people are impatient. People are doing this for free, and nobody is paying them. So, it's only expected of people to keep quiet and stop nagging. Worry about translation later. Let the devs push this out first. Don't expect the first release to be flawless. Give it time to evolve. Just my 2 cents.

Peace.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to lifeintheblitz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
@samgan: I don't care if i sounded more rude than weeks of week witnessing hordes of demanding, whiny followers of proprietary messengers. It's like the fighter / PS2 kids in the emulation scene; and "it" can and has killed way too many (even large) projects...
I'm surely not contributing (YOU do, btw?), but i care if there's a chance interesting projects get flooded and probably killed in the long term due to surprise attention and the following exposure to whining demanders.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-03-17 at 09:49.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 2,574 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Egypt, Cairo
Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
TGALAL can you send me the source code?

I'd like to take a look at how it works - just PM me please.
Sorry I'm not giving out any code until the first release. But as I mentioned it's very similar to FunXMPP in the java version.

Originally Posted by iMarck90 View Post
Hello tgalal,
Thanks for your hard working! Can't wait to try it!
But i'm here to propose to bring your work also for webOS.
The webOS community it's not small and can be very generous to you, if you accept to porting it!
If you need help, you can ask to webosinternals https://twitter.com/#!/webosinternals
You can working this project for an application or a Synergy Connector.
Maybe this project can help you http://git.webos-internals.org/appli...gins/tree/3.0/
(It's working on all webOS Phone with 2.x not for Touchpad webOS 3.x)

Please accept this propose and let me know!
Thanks in advance
I will see about that, meego and maemo are highest priority though

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tgalal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 2,574 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Egypt, Cairo
First of all I would like to thank everyone offering to translate. When I come to the point of adding translations I would definitely refer to these posts. And in addition to those translations offered, I would do Arabic translations myself

As for the current progress, I did say a usable version would be ready last week, but I never said it would be released :P Because a usable version does not necessarily pack essential features for a public release. For instance, I wouldn't release a usable version without message notifications

I understand many people are eagerly waiting for using whatsapp on their N9/N900 (including me), and I'm doing my best to deliver that project. But as many people realize here I'm only doing this in my free time; which unfortunately is not full time at the moment.

So, this is my aimed list of features for the first public release:
  • Message delivery indicators
  • Chat logging
  • Editing Status
  • Only 1 to 1 Conversations
  • Contacts sync
  • Integration with Accounts manager
  • Integration with Meego's notifications
  • Running the app in background

As for whether the project is going to be opensource or not. It is going to be opensource when the first release goes out, except for registration code.

So the big question: "When is this going to be". I'll see how the progress goes this weekend and will tell you on Monday.

The Following 90 Users Say Thank You to tgalal For This Useful Post:
ahmadamaj, ajack, Amboss, amrarcher, anig, baem90, BertvanDorp, bnwg, borghal, Brian_7, caa, ChadiM, Cholfo, cloud596, ColaCheater, damnshock, daniscott, dcastrog, Demon_82, diegofigueroa, dipack95, DJBENTZY, don_falcone, Dousan, DrHelix, ejasmudar, Etchelon, flyingbathtub, foobar, geohsia, gng554, Hariainm, herno24, iMarck90, imo, jcharpak, jjcordero, Kaamp, kent_autistic, latency, lebanez, m750, Mada22009, Maj3stic, malkavian, MastaG, MeeGoExperts, mike_shenoda, mingfan, Morpog, msantoni82, Muzimak, Netweaver, newbnewb, nokiac, nokiaqueen, NOkk3r1, no_nuke, patlak, praveenchand, Reflektorfalke, RobertHall, RX-51, SamGan, ShahoOod, shanttu, Shinigamijim, smoothc, sorin88, soryuuha, Tarzan-, tcbl50, Tetlee, thanyapat, The Wizard of Huz, tibere86, TMavica, tony3i3, uhbhatti88, UnlimiteD3k, Virtuality, voancea, Watchmaker, XiliX, youmeego, Zelig, zincholic, Zoxir, zwevert
Every time there must be ppl complaining. Devs please ignore them and do your best. We'll wait.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Weirdfisher For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
If we have main team of devs working on this will donating help the process? :P
Wouldn't be a bad anyway to set up a paypal for the devs working on this. Since this could be big.

Also I could help translating to Dutch.

Last edited by Wreck; 2012-03-17 at 19:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
If we have main team of devs working on this will donating help the process? :P
Wouldn't be a bad anyway to set up a paypal for the devs working on this. Since this could be big.

Also I could help translating to Dutch.
Ask him/them, but this _could_ then be seen / felt as paid work too.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Ask him/them, but this _could_ then be seen / felt as paid work too.
Should be considered as a donation for the hard work. Who should I contact?

The Following User Says Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:
Guys quit all the fighting and bickering its unnecessary!!!!!

Anywayz, A BIG THANK YOU to tgalal for all his work. We're waiting rather impatiently for the release but we trust that it will come!!!

Keep up the good work guyz!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to b-rockSA For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
galal-t is da, kindergarten, mastar, new tmo low, shameful, tmo not cake, trollfest, whiny_girls