Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by nahaha View Post
Hi Sviox,

I figured out why after seeing you mentioning "info.plist" - I opened the .wgz file and found that they have "Info.plist" instead of "info.plist", so as "Icon.png" instead of "icon.png". After I renamed them, it installed fine!

Thanks for your good work again!!!

Regards,
NAHAHA
Great! Can you confirm it installs incasesensitively on actual Symbian devices?

Originally Posted by sviox View Post
I just posted a new version to the store, it should be up in a few days. It does not contain the d-pad yet but rather focuses on bug fixing and some UI tweaks. Here is the full changelog:
* Implemented file selection sheet for all browsing contexts as well as installing local widgets
* Implemented widget details page with similar appearance to installation confirmation sheet
* Implemented support for remote web applications
* Implemented support for persistent http(s) cookies
* Added Facebook shortcut widget
* Added feature demos for file upload and cookies
* Changed tapping list items to always open the details page instead of directly launching a widget
* Changed installation confirmation sheet to be also shown for widgets requesting features
* Changed installing widgets from manager UI to no longer automatically launch the widget
* Fixed installation getting stuck if lisence agreement sheet was closed from recent view
* Fixed internal features being listed on lisence agreement sheet
* Fixed widgets with additional namespaces (i.e. Tizen/Cordova) randomly failing to read config file
* Fixed update list item duplicate after installing widget with local update description
* Fixed submitting a form from internal URL into an external URL crashing the application
* Fixed links inside iframes to no longer fire view mode events in the main frame
* Fixed view mode media query usage when dynamically switching between fullscreen and maximized mode
* Fixed scroll position to always go to top when changing page

EDIT: Seems I forgot to put the Opera view-mode change to the changelog. Now all Opera widgets are run in maximized mode which is actually reported to Opera widgets as fullscreen widget mode.
Darn. I was happy too soon. Realized yesterday that I had caused some serious regression in start file lookup algorithm. I'll skip over 1.3.1 and instead release 1.3.2 as soon as I get everything back together again.

Also, bad news for that Symbian D-Pad idea. I had a working UI prototype of this but it seems QtWebKit blocks non-standard keypress events from being sent to JavaScript side (i.e. basic characters and things like 'backspace' are delivered, but things like left-key). If anyone knows of some workaround please let me know.

The Following User Says Thank You to sviox For This Useful Post:
A new version was out yesterday. Let me know what you think and if you encounter any new issues.

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
Hi,

I just tried to install some Tizen Widgets with Hydra (Annex, Blubblewrap, Rabbit).
Did not work a single time. I got "Could not extract config file" for each of them.
I downloaded to zip version from the site you linked in the first post.
https://developer.tizen.org/resource...b-applications

btw: Thank you for developing such a great application for the N9
I am looking forward to the day, Tizen Phones are released and I can enjoy the apps on my N9.

Originally Posted by Macros View Post
Hi,

I just tried to install some Tizen Widgets with Hydra (Annex, Blubblewrap, Rabbit).
Did not work a single time. I got "Could not extract config file" for each of them.
I downloaded to zip version from the site you linked in the first post.
https://developer.tizen.org/resource...b-applications

btw: Thank you for developing such a great application for the N9
I am looking forward to the day, Tizen Phones are released and I can enjoy the apps on my N9.
You downloaded them with the N9? Those apps are not packaged in W3C compatible format (no idea why since actual Tizen OS expects them to be as well as Hydra!). It seems the zip packages contain a directory where all the files are but in fact W3C requires all the files to be in the root directory.

Currently I have a hack for Symbian that allows it's info.plist config file to be either in the root or one directory below, perhaps I could consider expanding this to other widgets as well...

EDIT: To get them to install at the moment, please download the zip with your computer, unzip it, and rezip it one directory below (i.e. the config.xml must be at the root of the zip). Then rename it from .zip to .wgt and send it to the device via Bluetooth or other means.

Last edited by sviox; 2012-11-29 at 15:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to sviox For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Hi sviox,

I had an issue with my documents app unable to open 2007 MS Office formats since around 1.5 months.

A re-flash had fixed it but when my apps were restored the same problem came up again.

However, today I wanted to update the app from Store but although store was showing v1.3.2 it wasn't giving me the update button so I uninstalled your app and my issue has been resolved.

While uninstalling I saw that the system was removing some shared-mime-info:

Code:
Removing widget-runtime ...
Processing triggers for shared-mime-info ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ...
aegis uninstalling widget-runtime
Updating desktop entries... Done
I think this has been the cause of the issue all along; could you help verifying it?

Edit: Further testing with v1.3.2 being used instead gave the same issue...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-11-30 at 04:50.

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
Originally Posted by sviox View Post
EDIT: To get them to install at the moment, please download the zip with your computer, unzip it, and rezip it one directory below (i.e. the config.xml must be at the root of the zip). Then rename it from .zip to .wgt and send it to the device via Bluetooth or other means.
Thank you that worked

Maybe you can extend your application and add the functionality to scan the first subdirectory as if it was the top level of the zip file when install fails.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Hi sviox,

I had an issue with my documents app unable to open 2007 MS Office formats since around 1.5 months.

A re-flash had fixed it but when my apps were restored the same problem came up again.

However, today I wanted to update the app from Store but although store was showing v1.3.2 it wasn't giving me the update button so I uninstalled your app and my issue has been resolved.

While uninstalling I saw that the system was removing some shared-mime-info:

Code:
Removing widget-runtime ...
Processing triggers for shared-mime-info ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ...
aegis uninstalling widget-runtime
Updating desktop entries... Done
I think this has been the cause of the issue all along; could you help verifying it?

Edit: Further testing with v1.3.2 being used instead gave the same issue...
Interesting. And weird, since Hydra used quite basic way of adding the MIME handling information and it shouldn't interfere with other handlers. Might even be a platform bug. I'll take a look at the issue once I have some time again (am a bit busy with other issues until at least the end of the year).

Did you try rebooting the device after installing Hydra? Sometimes the mime handler registry isn't properly updated after installing the package for some reason.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
If you mean reboot after installing v1.3.2 then yes i did a reboot; for the other versions i was living with the issue for somewhile without knowing the cause...

It could very well be a Harmattan bug though...

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Lublin, Poland
Hi! I am impressed with sviox's work, but i have few questions:
1. Why every widget (from Opera, or Tizen) give me error "Invalid configuration file", what should i do to fix it? Example widget: link
2. How can I check version of Hydra, i am running?