Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
how many times you tried to submit package? there are many dumb QA agents in store.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Enough (4 I think). I admit that there was another issue that was my fault though, so one of them was a genuine fail. The funny thing is that the reason of failure is different each time.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

share all results please

Code:
Failed QA.
SUMMARY: Application cannot be installed.
ACTUAL RESULT: An error message 'Can't install: Unable to trace installation package dependencies' is displayed at installation.
EXPECTED RESULT: Application is downloaded and installed on the device without any issues. Any error or warning messages should not be displayed during installation.
AFFECTED DEVICES: Nokia N9 Firmware: 20.2011.40-4_PR_001
FREQUENCY REPRODUCED: 100%.  (public, Qa in progress -> Qa failed)
Real reason: Harmattan sdk repo was down and libfcam could not be installed. I retried without modifications

Code:
SUMMARY: The application does not work as expected
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Download and install the application.
2. Launch the application.
ACTUAL RESULT: After using the application for a while, it application crashes with an error message "pcam not responding” close application?
EXPECTED RESULT: All Application functions works well. All features are accessible.
AFFECTED DEVICES: Nokia N9 FW 20.2011.40-4_PR_001
FREQUENCY REPRODUCED: 100%.
 (public, Qa in progress -> Qa failed)
Real reason: This was true. I retried modifying the description to require PR1.2 as I believe that nobody is still on PR1.0 and there's no point spending valuable time to debug an obsolete version vs implementing new things or fixing bugs for the majority of users

Code:
SUMMARY: The application cannot be launched successfully after installation.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Download and install the content.
2. Tap on the application icon to launch the application.
ACTUAL RESULT: When tried launching the application by pressing the application icon, there is no response from the application.
EXPECTED RESULT: The application launches and works properly.  The application should provide full functionality on all screen orientations.
AFFECTED DEVICES: Nokia N9 firmware 20.2011.40-4_PR_001
Despite editing the description they still tested on PR1.0, this time with a different error (binary was not changed since last time). I was pulling my hair as now they didn't seem to be able to launch at all. I sent an email to developer support that I don't want to target pre PR1.2 versions which automatically triggered a resubmission.

Code:
ISSUE #1: SUMMARY: The application cannot be launched successfully after installation.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
ACTUAL RESULT: When tried launching the application by pressing the application icon, there is no response from the application.
EXPECTED RESULT: The application launches and works properly. The application should provide full functionality on all screen orientations.
AFFECTED DEVICES: Nokia N9 firmware: v 40.2012.21-3_PR_003

ISSUE #2: SUMMARY: The message 'Can't open the file because it's damaged.' is displayed when trying to view the photo.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
2. Launch the application.
3. Capture a photo.
4. Select the 'image' icon to view the photo.
ACTUAL RESULT: The message 'Can't open the file because it's damaged.' is displayed.
EXPECTED RESULT: The application launches and works properly. The application should provide full functionality on all screen orientations.
AFFECTED DEVICES: Nokia N9 firmware: v 30.2012.07-1_PR_001
Issue 1 is probably what I described above (permissions thing). Issue 2 was true, a regression of mine (DCIM was not created if not found), fixed and reuploaded.

Code:
SUMMARY: The application cannot be launched successfully after installation.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
AFFECTED DEVICES: Nokia N9 Firmware PR 1.2 30.2012.07-1_PR_001
This is my current issue, that the application can be launched using aegis-developer-unknown-source-policy thus it should work when downloaded from ovi.

Last edited by qwazix; 2012-12-27 at 20:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
or if you send link to deb package, I can test it on pr1.0+ devices to see what package is really needed.....
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Deb is available here http://repo.pub.meego.com//home:/qwa....0.4_armel.deb

On pr 1.0 it doesn't work well, I tested it. On PR1.2 (and I assume on other PR's too) it needs aegis-developer-unknown-source-policy but I suppose I should not depend on it when targeting the store as the package is supposed to give developers a way to run their apps with the capabilities available to all store apps. I could just depend on it and get over with it but I prefer to do it the right way.

Thanks for stepping in anyway.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
My 5 cents.

Here's some debug outputs that should be helpfull, on cleanly reflashed device without developer mode even installed
(logged in with serial cable to ensure that device has no extra packages installed). And copied deb over mass storage mode.

if you install it as an user without package signing you get:

/opt/rawcam/bin $ /opt/rawcam/bin/rawcam
open: Permission denied
FBIO_VSCREENINFO: Bad file descriptor
OMAPFB_QUERY_PLANE: Bad file descriptor
OMAPFB_SETUP_PLANE: Bad file descriptor
OMAPFB_SETUP_MEM: Bad file descriptor
mmap: Bad file descriptor
Segmentation fault

but if I did AEGIS_FIXED_ORIGIN=com.nokia.maemo/ovi dpkg -i raw*deb, it started just fine, most likely QA is just testing unsigned package, or they dont know how to use fixed origin in their devices.

I quickly installed strace and the 1st open permission denied comes from /dev/fb1 since its root:video owned, and unsinged packages just dont get GRP::video perms. Unsigned restok looks like this:

Package: rawcam
Request:
AID::.rawcam.
GID::users
TrackerReadAccess
TrackerWriteAccess
UID::user
GRP::users
GRP::pulse-access
Recover:
+GRP::metadata-users
+GRP::video
Object: /opt/rawcam/bin/rawcam

vs. # AEGIS_FIXED_ORIGIN=com.nokia.maemo/ovi dpkg -i rawcam_1.0.4_armel.deb
Package: rawcam
Source: com.nokia.maemo/ovi
Request:
AID::com.nokia.maemo/ovi.rawcam.
GID::users
TrackerReadAccess
TrackerWriteAccess
GRP::metadata-users
UID::user
GRP::users
GRP::video
GRP::pulse-access
Object: /opt/rawcam/bin/rawcam

So basicly QA is just not competent enough, and you should tell them first to sign the package before testing it, or to use AEGIS_FIXED_ORIGIN to fake the ovi signatures (hopefully they have enough competence to do it).

Difference is that unknown origin gets video group on unsigned packages if you have developer mode installed.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
But this is unacceptable, how can they WORK as store QA if they do not know the basics of application testing..?

By all means it should be the other way around, they should have the ultimate knowledge on what is needed for an application to be passed as qualified, they should be able to give designers sensible advice on how to make applications compatible...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
@qwazix write email to support and ask to contact you with manager. manager solver my debates with QA when i released Extraplugins.
but of course try to follow rainisto suggestion and ask to sign package before testing. but i think lowest QA level have no permissions for signing packages.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post: