Posts: 69 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ kerala
Hi,

Does this work on any sailfish phone? Or is it only for nexus sailfish. I mean if i buy a one plus and install sailfish , will sfdroid work on that? . From the mer wiki device status , it seems one plus x is the most compatible phone with sailfish. Almost everything works in one plus x. Now that intex phone is nowhere to be seen , i am contemplating buying a one plus or nexus 5 only for sailfish. Is there anyone here who uses sailfish and sfdroid in oneplus?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to padmaraj.ravi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by padmaraj.ravi View Post
Hi,

Does this work on any sailfish phone? Or is it only for nexus sailfish. I mean if i buy a one plus and install sailfish , will sfdroid work on that? . From the mer wiki device status , it seems one plus x is the most compatible phone with sailfish. Almost everything works in one plus x. Now that intex phone is nowhere to be seen , i am contemplating buying a one plus or nexus 5 only for sailfish. Is there anyone here who uses sailfish and sfdroid in oneplus?
The sfdroid code would have to be cherry-picked and compiled for the base and device in question, in your case the code would have to be ported to CM12.1 and then compiled. As the only currently functioning base is CM11.

CORRECTION: CM10.1 also works.

Last edited by nh1402; 2016-04-23 at 19:11.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
i am using the oneplus x with sfos and want install sfdroid. how can i do that? have someone a how to?

@cvp there is not yet a ready sfdroid zip available which would be flashed on top of the oneplus X port. Because it is based on CM12.1 sfdroid needs to be ported from CM11 to CM12.1.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
@jobe, thats bad and cm11 with sfos 2.0.0.10 is not compatible?

@cvp It's not a matter of compatibility. The SFOS port for the oneplus X is based on CM12.1. IIRC there is not even a CM11 version for the oneplus X.

Can t wait sfdroid on cm 12.1 base its really cool

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Are there any differences between cyanogenmod and AOSP for the purposes of running sfdroid, or could you run sfdroid meant for CM11 on a system with KitKat AOSP as a base?

Wondering about the Fairphone 2, its port is based on fairphone's skinned AOSP.

The Following User Says Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Are there any differences between cyanogenmod and AOSP for the purposes of running sfdroid, or could you run sfdroid meant for CM11 on a system with KitKat AOSP as a base?

Wondering about the Fairphone 2, its port is based on fairphone's skinned AOSP.
There should be little to no difference at all. The only difference that I can think of is the navigation bar having cursor buttons in CM, but even then that code would be very similar anyway. In CM there's more customisation options, and in AOSP since it's locked down it should in theory have less code in that sense.

Also I believe two people (locusf and possibly smurfynet) were looking into getting sfdroid working on the Fairphone 2, not sure if they still have time to work on it or not.

EDIT: The base used for the Fairphone 2 is AOSP 5 which is Lollipop and not Kitkat, there is no AOSP 4 base for Sailfish that I'm aware of.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Thanks, that's what I was hoping you'd say!

BTW, I was talking about KitKat just for the sake of argument, i.e. if there was a port with a KitKat base, would it work with sfdroid now (not specific to FP2). I know I'll have to wait for it to be rebased think it'll be worth the wait though!

Tags
apkenv