Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
I think the MeeGo style guide only applies for printed stuff..

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Great news on the submission site going live Cosimo!

To top up the prizes, I'd also like to donate a programming development book to the winner of the beginner's competition. i had a quick glance at Amazon.co.uk and I'll offer the winner a choice between these two books:

or

The winner can choose which one they'd prefer and I'll order it to be posted to them
Could you add these prizes to the wiki?
http://wiki.maemo.org/MeeGo_Coding_C...on_2011#Prizes

Thanks!

And please take note of this Q&A:
Q: Where to submit my application?

A: There is an Application submission page available. This will be
the only valid way to participate in the competition.
This list in the wiki is for information only and not valid for the competition.
So you should add your app as soon as possible to the submissions page: http://competition.meetmeego.org
If you have any questions or problems regarding the submitting process please don't hesitate to contact us!

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2011-04-19 at 06:48.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Agreed. I can't read that pink text on blue background...
I've a Amber Monitor somewhere at home. I could put it on eBay if you are interested.

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
The wiki application proposal needs some clean up. It includes nonsense items like:
Code:
Projector App:	 N900 can be used as a projector by enhancing the Flashlight app.
 Screen contents can be projected on a wall with this app.	 project screen on wall using flashlight	http://www.newtechnology.co.in/spice...n-price-m9000/
I mean wtf.

And semi duplicate items like Answering Machine/Call answering. Shall I edit it?

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
Anyway I think this one adheres to the MeeGo style guide, and the parameters for the use of maemo.org logo, although I'm not 100% sure that the magenta background is acceptable (hence me using white in the first one).
My girlfriend would love the pink color.

But why are the logos still so small and so much free space arround?

The design guidlines are only for Devices, Documents and Logos... not inside a Text or something like that. And our Competition Advertisment it is more like a "Headline". Not a single Logo.
Otherwise we should rename this thread from:
"MeeGo Coding Competition 2011"
to
" _ MeeGo _ Coding Competition 2011"

If we follow this rules everywhere, then we should really follow this rules everywhere!

Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
The magenta background is the most vivid colour found in the MeeGo palette, so whilst it isn't really one of the site colours, hopefully you'll find it 'jazzy' enough to compensate.
In my opinion we are fine with the logo we're using since 3 weeks. Sorry mrsellout. But is changing this every week really a good idea?
In my opinion not. But perhaps someone has a other opinion. Perhaps a "weekly countdown logo" could be a nice idea. Every week a new Logo with the time we have until the competition ends. But currently there is to much work to do at other construction zones.

Mrsellout, we would need a Logo for the MeeGo coding competition 2012. Perhaps I could familiarize myself with the color pink until next year. (everythink except my bedroom if you try to understand my pain)
We will see what happens during this competition and the rest of this year. Nobody knows if we have at the next competition still the N900 part or if we all working with a great successor or not.

In my opinion we should only correct the maemo part of the current logo as texrat said last week. But I don't have the original File made by noobmonkey. So I've attached only a fast mockup.

I would like to shift the "maemo.org" a little bit to the left. (the "presents the" could stay at this position) - I hope Noobmonkey is still arround here to help.
Attached Images

Last edited by Helmuth; 2011-04-19 at 09:04.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
The wiki application proposal needs some clean up. It includes nonsense items like:
Code:
Projector App:	 N900 can be used as a projector by enhancing the Flashlight app.
 Screen contents can be projected on a wall with this app.	 project screen on wall using flashlight	http://www.newtechnology.co.in/spice...n-price-m9000/
I mean wtf.

And semi duplicate items like Answering Machine/Call answering. Shall I edit it?
Yes!

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
Could you add these prizes to the wiki?
http://wiki.maemo.org/MeeGo_Coding_C...on_2011#Prizes

Thanks!
Done

i was a little curious about why so many donations were coming in as anonymous, just to remind you all that you can put your username in a box on the donation page. It's can be a little tricky though, in that sometimes the box isn't there automatically on the payment screen and you have to click a blue '+' sign to open it. You deserve to be recognised on the bounty roll of honor for being so generous, so make sure you let zehjotkah know who you are!

For example, here's a screenshot of my donation for the previous competition. The box to put your maemo.org username should be on the left hand side, if not click the '+' sign to open it up.

After sending you'll get a confirmation code and an email, from Paypal, to your registered email address to confirm it.

Unfortunately we discovered last time that it's not possible to avoid Paypal fees, even with donations. If you are able to give a little more to help cover the fees of your donation that would be amazing, however it's not expected - the organisers will be genuinely very grateful for everything you contribute. For some ideas of what Paypal takes for a transaction amount check out the wiki, zehjotkah is listing the donations, paypal fees, and the amount into the bounty.

Staying on the bounty theme, has the prize split been decided yet zehjotkah? I don't notice it on the wiki. That's one lesson learned from the last time was to decide as early as possible so everyone knows how their donation will be spent.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Also if you decide afterwards that you didn't like to donate at all, you can drop me a line within 30 days (if I remember correctly) and I can send back your donation without having to pay the PayPal fees.
Maybe someone noticed that the PayPal fees are not always the same. Just check the two donations made on 4/17/2011. That's because the donators came from different countries - different fees apply.
If you're connected to a Local MeeGo Network you should think about collecting some money offline and designing ONE to send the money because PayPal fees consist of a fixed amount plus a percentage, so the % PayPal fee of a higher amount is smaller than the % PayPal fee of various but smaller amounts.

We haven't yet decided how we'll split up the bounty.
We're currently hoping that we'll also get sponsorship from Qt: http://developer.qt.nokia.com/wiki/S...mpetition_2011 Thanks to b0unc3 for managing that!

Current priority is to get the submissions into the submissions site to have the contact to the devs (because of the MeeGo devices) and a centralized site to get in touch with other potential sponsors.

But yes, please, think about how a fair split would look like. Thanks!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Multiple-Posting is getting a hobby of mine!

We have the first submission!
Please cheer Joseph with his Nepali Calender!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
If anyone wants a quick website facelift, just call

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wazd For This Useful Post:

Tags
coding, community, competition, contest, development, intel, meego, meetmeego, nokia