Notices

just some feedback. i read that you made the application for yourself so maybe ill hit a brick wall. regardless:
  • application takes an age to load items in the library if podcasts are updating
  • in library i personally dont like how both history and favourites stay on top and podcasts scroll underneath them. maybe an option to turn it off in the settings?
  • same for inbox i dont like visually how all the podcasts are listed horizontally across the top, i realise it might be useful if you have hundreds of podcasts but i think its too cluttered and ugly. would be nice for an option to turn it off
  • in inbox think the folder for archive looks out of place and might be better as a pull down
  • regarding notifications, insstead of a list on sailfish homepage, the newest found podcast just writes over the last one leaving only one result. seems pointless therefore to have it as a notification

other than those i really appreciate the application and your efforts. i use it a lot now. i just dont think its as clean a a nice jolla application, including gPodder.

Thanks again, Regards.

I just tested podQast for the first time today and it's terrific.

Just wondering, would it be possible to add functionality to the Bluetooth keys? They work fine with Talefish. In the car it's really helpful to be able to pause and skip once in a while.

Anyway, please keep it up!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
I just tested podQast for the first time today and it's terrific.

Just wondering, would it be possible to add functionality to the Bluetooth keys? They work fine with Talefish. In the car it's really helpful to be able to pause and skip once in a while.

Anyway, please keep it up!
That's not for harbour, though, because I am using the Sailfish.Media 1.0 import.
Anyway, here's how to do it: https://github.com/jgibbon/Talefish/...layer.qml#L413

cheers
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

Last edited by velox; 2018-12-07 at 09:20. Reason: changed line in link

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Actually, I got podQast from Openrepos, anyway. @cy8aer, would it be very difficult to have a slightly more feature-rich version of podQast out on Openrepos for a while until MPRIS has been successfully integrated with the harbour tools? I am just asking because it's a little uncomfortable stopping the car whenever I notice I am not really interested in a particular episode of a podcast (or alternatively, suffer listening for a while ).

The Following User Says Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Ok, version 1.9-0ff will have bluetooth - But....

... it does not work with every device. I tested it with an Anker Soundbud and with my car's hands free kit.

JollaC: Does not work (with Talefish neither!!!). Jolla1 does work. Because I develop with the C most of the time I did not implement it because it simply did not work.

Those who have no problems with Talefish will probably lucky with podqast 1.9 up (openrepos) too. But do not expect too much support for it until the bluetooth support is more stable for all devices. Will be out later this weekend because I would rather implement the help/documentation system - and that is not ready today.

But it is already in the gitlab-repository in the ff branch (for the impatient who can build their own packages).

[update] 1.9-0ff released

Last edited by cy8aer; 2018-12-08 at 15:01. Reason: update: released

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Wow, you are great!!! Thank you so much for adding that feature so incredibly quickly. Much obliged!

The Following User Says Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
yeah @cy8aer is a faster dev, also @cy8aer is created an unique AboutPage design = )

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carlosgonz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by velox View Post
That's not for harbour, though, because I am using the Sailfish.Media 1.0 import.
Anyway, here's how to do it: https://github.com/jgibbon/Talefish/...layer.qml#L413

cheers
Where does Sailfish.Media 1.0 come from? Is this really a Jolla library?

Who is responsive for the code and how does bug reporting work for this library? I am asking because it does not work on the JollaC but on the Jolla1. On which other devices does it work?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
So, I got to test the bluetooth keys today and everything is working like a charm. Again, thank you so much cy8aer!!!

Would you mind hearing about some thoughts? Not sure if any of them are useful. Well, I thought it might be nice if the "status report" (i.e. "refreshing ...") were somewhere in the visible part of the screen. That way one wouldn't have to swipe to find out what's happening.

Okay now, here is a crazy thought. Would it possibly be a useful feature to be able to manually add local audio files to the playlist? I realize that would create a hybrid functionality, sort of a podQfish or taleQast approach.

Oh, there is one tiny thing I noticed. With the Linux Action News podcast there doesn't seem to be a logo. Also, it seems like refreshing that particular podcast took awfully long. Not sure, though, if you wanted to hear about that. After all, it's just one podcast.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
So, I got to test the bluetooth keys today and everything is working like a charm. Again, thank you so much cy8aer!!!

Would you mind hearing about some thoughts? Not sure if any of them are useful. Well, I thought it might be nice if the "status report" (i.e. "refreshing ...") were somewhere in the visible part of the screen. That way one wouldn't have to swipe to find out what's happening.

Okay now, here is a crazy thought. Would it possibly be a useful feature to be able to manually add local audio files to the playlist? I realize that would create a hybrid functionality, sort of a podQfish or taleQast approach.

Oh, there is one tiny thing I noticed. With the Linux Action News podcast there doesn't seem to be a logo. Also, it seems like refreshing that particular podcast took awfully long. Not sure, though, if you wanted to hear about that. After all, it's just one podcast.
The refreshing is - rudimentary - shown with the blinking pulley menu. There it is shown what is refreshing. Ok it is not very perfect. It's the same with storeman - whith the updating of the repos. Nobody looks there. Does Sailfish/Qt have any suggestions on how such a status should look like? I already scruple with the icons in inbox and podcast post list - which are not working as the UI definition expects.

Local audio files to the playlist. Probably possible. I put it on my internal queue.

Not showing icons: That is one point I am not happy with. Maybe you found out that 1.9 has a help menu which points to gitlab wiki pages. My main work last week was to write documentation.

For debugging there is e. g. https://gitlab.com/cy8aer/podqast/wikis/developer-debug - feed.image.href must work otherwise the icon is not shown. I did not expect that a large part of the development would be not well formed feeds...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post: