Active Topics

Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
Although I haven't had any application install problems with 3.2006.49-2, I noticed the wifi connection automatically turns itself off after a few seconds after closing the browser window. Not that big of a deal to me as I don't usually need it on after using the browser much anyway, but just wondering if anyone else noticed this happening to them as well.

All in all, the connection time is a bit faster than before, and page rendering and scrolling is much faster and smoother from what I can tell.

Oh, and I might be imagining things, but it seems like boot time is a bit faster also.
3pm - So good, it's illegal

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by =DC= View Post
Although I haven't had any application install problems with 3.2006.49-2, I noticed the wifi connection automatically turns itself off after a few seconds after closing the browser window. Not that big of a deal to me as I don't usually need it on after using the browser much anyway, but just wondering if anyone else noticed this happening to them as well.

All in all, the connection time is a bit faster than before, and page rendering and scrolling is much faster and smoother from what I can tell.

Oh, and I might be imagining things, but it seems like boot time is a bit faster also.
Have you started the browser while not having any wifi connection? If yes, then the browser auto connects to wifi (if the device is not in flight-mode), and when you close the browser, it disconnects again. If you connect to wifi before starting the browser, it will not disconnect.

IMHO this is a quite reasonable behavior and saves me some clicks when I want to surf for a few minutes and then continue to use the device offline.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by superbondbond View Post
I haven't had any trouble installing apps with 2006.49-2
Same. Haven't tried dropbear tho.

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Have you started the browser while not having any wifi connection? If yes, then the browser auto connects to wifi (if the device is not in flight-mode), and when you close the browser, it disconnects again. If you connect to wifi before starting the browser, it will not disconnect.

IMHO this is a quite reasonable behavior and saves me some clicks when I want to surf for a few minutes and then continue to use the device offline.
Ah, that makes sense. Did it do that in the previous version? I don't quite recall. Anyway I just wanted a second or third chime in on the issue before I started a bug report on it. Thanks pycage (sorry, had Texrat there before), you da man.

- Of course Texrat is quite helpful most of the time also.

Last edited by =DC=; 2007-02-02 at 01:42.

=DC=, this is the default behavior in previous version; if it's there leave it, otherwise, connect, use, close.

But it's good to hear performance has improved; I assume you're sober, right?

Well, I don't drink or do any drugs (legal or otherwise), so I'd say that's a good sign of sobriety.

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Bandit: Are you using 3.2006.49-2 on your 770? In other words: Can I take it that there's at least one person here who could install applications after upgrading to 3.2006.49-2?
Yes, I installed the new OS last weekend. I re-installed all my applications from scratch from the repositories with Application Manager (except OpenSSH which installs with apt-get which still uses the repositories).

Can anyone tell me how I downgrade to previous version having upgraded to 3.2006.49-2

Mike C

On Maemo site (download/upgrade section, I can't remember), by providing your product ID (WLAN ID found under the battery), you can download the earlier versions. The process of changing firmware is the same.

TA

that did the job. Have downgraded as I could not get gnumeric to work on latest version.

Mike C