Hi,
I have Gmail set up on Nokia N900 (PR1.2). However it is currently not working.
My Gmail email account keeps telling me that the user name or pass word is incorrect but this is NOT the case. It has been working fine for about 6 months and began only working intermittently and now not at all over past couple of weeks. I have deleted the account and reset it with no improvement.
Grateful for any ideas.
KRs
Paul

I have the same problem but with ALL my accounts. I am outside US and sent my phone back for repairs, they ended up giving me a new one. I tried to set up my Nokia
Messaging account AGAIN and none of the emails work.
I added one by one and they work just fine...

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...t=modest+fixes

all my email accounts work properly after applying this a few months ago

I am using imap4 and this occurred to me once but was gone after I tried enabling secure authentication option.

Thanks for the responses. I have set up different accounts and a new Gmail account which all work. But my original Gmail account does not.
Do not understand this but I think I will follow the leetut modest route or wait for PR1.3 update........

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London
Gmail does not support imap by default, you must enable it in your profile.

Have a look at the below link.

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=75725

worked for me.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
sometimes gmail needs you to login on the browser (e.g. after suspicious activity) and sometimes requires you to change your password. If you don't go through the browser none of the clients work.
________
Web shows

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:43.

Thanks to all
qwazix,
This looks plausible. I have changed my password through browser and it is now working. At least for the moment. I am assuming the IMAP angle is not an issue as it is working although I have not configured at Gmail.

Last edited by BroisPlankton; 2010-10-18 at 08:57.

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vancouver, Canada
Gmail does not work for me after the PR 1.3 update, but it worked fine when I had PR 1.2. I cannot receive any messages in my inbox.

I keep getting the error message "unable to connect to server name or port number may be incorrect"

Does anyone know what I need to do? I just selected Gmail for the server and left all settings the same but my gmail account is not loading up.

Well you could try simply changing password on Google & then on N900. This cured my issue and it has been working for almost 3 months.

Tags
gmail, modest