Notices

Hey, WTF? It's not aircrack support thread, please go away for google and search there.

Before anyone goes berserker with "be polite", I would like to mention, that last page was full of polite posts, stating that leeching other's people wifi is bad. Person in question seems to have it in ***

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Please delete all of your three posts here. Trust me.

Originally Posted by Empéror View Post
Yes i will wait the_envy. Thank you so much.

@everyone: my apologies if almost all of you think that i use this for app for bad intention/s. apparently i seek help beacause i want to be online for free. i've mention it before I AM NOT A TECHIE GUY... this means i have no knowledge in all of this... im only a janitor at our company, in a big company (manufacturer of car audio) and the company have many protected wifi. (coz lower ranks employees do not have much privileges) not to mention that i am jealous with my co-worker who has a brother-in-law employee in the company and freely gave him a password. so, if it is protected... then why is my co-worker having the all those privileges though we are in the same job position? (his phone is nokia n8)

sometimes i do believe that... "People born less fortunate, will never experience what fortunate people have..."

i always -in mind and in heart- wanted to connect everyday to facebook.com and my salary can't compensate the bills on data charges. (of everyday use)

i know all the risk/s i could get when bypassing our company's protected wifi setup.

anyway if anyone dont want to help me on this matter then, thank you for reading this.

and i would like to thank the creator of this app: Mr. Christos Zamantzas i think people call him Saturn if im not mistaken and

@pelago: i thought at first, people who make this app wanted to break someone's wifi protected setup. then you help me (a lot) to read and understand the disclaimer of this app. many thanks...

thank you all...

Last edited by Saturn; 2012-07-29 at 12:30.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Please delete all of your three posts here. Trust me.
I think there is no need to, it's an

....BAZINGA...

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by StefanL View Post
@Saturn,

I had trouble with Pali's injection module load / unload script for KP51 from here, so I posted one that works for me here.

Appreciate some feed-back from your side.
I don't use Pali's script (it is really well written but to use it I will need to change a lot). How did you try to run it?

From reading the code you need to pass an option for the action you would like to execute. e.g.

to run:
#./packet-injection.sh load
#./packet-injection.sh enable

to restore:
#./packet-injection.sh unload

But if this is too complicated you can just use what you had before just point to the new location.

Let me know if I didn't understand the question.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Release of cleven 3.3-1 in extras-devel

This version (should be available in few minutes) expects (but do not force) the KP51.

To casual users: Please allow people with more experience to test it first before you upgrade. I have not tested it with all possible combinations and the major changes might break your system. Recommended is to use the version in stable repository or if you feel adventurous the testing repository.

Changes:
  • CHANGE: Update of recommended kernel - KP51 is expected.
  • CHANGE: Removed the dependency on the wlan drivers - KP51 comes with them.
INSTRUCTIONS:

• To override the autodiscovery of the drivers location and use the default, create an empty file in /home/user/.cleven/skipKernelCheck
    Code:
    touch /home/user/.cleven/skipKernelCheck
  • To skip the kernel check in the startup, create an empty file in /home/user/.cleven/skipVersionCheck
    Code:
    touch /home/user/.cleven/skipVersionCheck
WARNING: This version will work only with Kernel-Power version 51 and above.

Last edited by Saturn; 2012-07-29 at 16:42.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@Saturn - does it explicitly depend on KP >= 51 or depends on kernel-feature-packet-injection?

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@Saturn - does it explicitly depend on KP >= 51 or depends on kernel-feature-packet-injection?
Actually neither. From the KP51 thread :
Packet injection wifi driver:
Kernel modules are already included and installed in /opt/packet-injection-modules/2.6.28.10-power51/
I have a check in the application that the version is KP51 if not a warning is displayed.

It works like that, but do you think I should make a dependency to the kernel-feature-packet-injection?

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't have a chance to work properly without KP, yes? If correct, it sounds like dependency for me (to kernel-feature-packet-injection)
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Actually neither. ...
Well, if you aim KP/KCSSU, kernel-feature-packet-injection should be added to dependencies. Actually I don't know if Cleven works with stock kernel, so maybe it is better that way. On the other hand if stock kernel is not supported/aimed, then you have to be sure there are packet injection drivers installed on the system, thus the kernel feature.

On the other hand, hardcoding path to drivers (/opt/packet-injection-modules/2.6.28.10-power51/) is a bad idea, a better solution will be:

/opt/packet-injection-modules/`uname -r`/

That way you will support every kernel providing those drivers in the correct place. For now there are only kernel-power and kernel-cssu, but who knows what future will bring.

Thanks.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your time.

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Well, if you aim KP/KCSSU, kernel-feature-packet-injection should be added to dependencies. Actually I don't know if Cleven works with stock kernel, so maybe it is better that way. On the other hand if stock kernel is not supported/aimed, then you have to be sure there are packet injection drivers installed on the system, thus the kernel feature.
From what I understand the drivers need a KP to work.
Also the drivers some times need to be compiled with the KP headers

I though it was not necessary to force anyone with a custom kernel to get also drivers for the latest KP too, i.e. add the dependency.

To summarise, if one has KP51 and later then he has the drivers included. if one has KP-custom then he has to provide them himself and use the "skipKernelCheck" option.

On the other hand, hardcoding path to drivers (/opt/packet-injection-modules/2.6.28.10-power51/) is a bad idea, a better solution will be:

/opt/packet-injection-modules/`uname -r`/

That way you will support every kernel providing those drivers in the correct place. For now there are only kernel-power and kernel-cssu, but who knows what future will bring.

Thanks.
It is already made like that and it will work for all versions above KP51 if you don't change the rules. The check for the version is only to warn users that don't follow these threads. Power users can skip the check and the warning with the second option given in the release notes.

Hope I was more clear this time.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:

Tags
aircrack, cleven, reaver