Hello!

I have recently reflashed my N900 to PR 1.2 firmware and everything seemed fine for a while. However, after some time I decided to install kernel power setting which would allow me to overclock my N900. However, I had noticed that my internet connection barely works: pages either load though very slowly or do not load at all.

I have tried to resolve this problem be deinstalling power kernel settings through xterminal, though to no avail - xterminal noted that kernel power settings cannot be uninstalled. As the last resort, I tried reflashing my N900 to PR 1.2 firmware again, but internet connection problem still exists.

I would really appreciate any help, as it renders my N900 close to useless.

Last edited by Radishface; 2010-05-29 at 11:15. Reason: Problem was solved.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Try installing HealthCheck and see if everything is working properly (hardware-wise)

Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Try installing HealthCheck and see if everything is working properly (hardware-wise)
Yes, I have checked that, and everything works properly. I have restarted the device couple of times and also removed the battery, but the problem still remains.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by Radishface View Post
Yes, I have checked that, and everything works properly. I have restarted the device couple of times and also removed the battery, but the problem still remains.
Ok try to do a fresh install of PR1.2.. So flash your device using the flasher... Flash the rootfs image first then the emmc (make sure you backup the files that you need in MyDocs first)...

So Download the firmware(s) from:

http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php

(You need: RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin (that's the global firmware or you could use the other ones if u want... and you need the latest emmc content which is: RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin)

Then you download the flasher-3.5 then you follow the steps on http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware

Make sure you don't put an -R at the end when you flash the firmware.. but you do add -R after you flash the emmc...

Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Ok try to do a fresh install of PR1.2.. So flash your device using the flasher... Flash the rootfs image first then the emmc (make sure you backup the files that you need in MyDocs first)...

So Download the firmware(s) from:

http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php

(You need: RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin (that's the global firmware or you could use the other ones if u want... and you need the latest emmc content which is: RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin)

Then you download the flasher-3.5 then you follow the steps on http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware

Make sure you don't put an -R at the end when you flash the firmware.. but you do add -R after you flash the emmc...
I have done exactly what you said, though the internet browser still barely loads pages or doesn't load them at all. Surprisingly, App Manager works just fine - I can download apps with no problems.

Another ironic thing; I've tried reflashing my N900 to the previous firmware and the browser works just fine! This issue seriously puzzles me...

Any ideas?

If anybody else is experiencing similar problems, I think I found a solution. First of all, reflashing is not necessary, but recommended. However, what solved the page loading problem under PR 1.2 was setting N900 to work with a Static IP address. After such fix, my Nokia finally works without problems!

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2010 @ belgium
with the original PR1.2 i can't run Kernel power settings or power kernel for maemo5, phone restarts after 15min, and after restart its says : can not load custom kernel settings.
so i flashed it with custom kernel 750Mhz, and that works, i can change it even if i flash original kernel from nokia.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/29/the-croiman-psycho-iphone-makes-other-modders-weep-with-joy-env/

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
what about stop using overclocks in the first place?

these are the risks realising you are taking when doing that. no warranty anymore etc so I would try to "overclock" the device back to default frequencies and hope that helps.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

you should enable the extra-testing, check for updates and it will ask you to upgrade the kernel-power to enhanced power kernel (this version is maemo37), it is much more stable for the PR 1.2 , at least for me

Your right ossipena, what's the point of trying anything and reporting results and maybe looking for guidance...

I can understand giving that "advice" to certain individuals that come across as unruly, needy, and/or uncooperative, but neither poster did so, and it actually assisted with my decision as to whether I'll update or not this weekend.

The phone is what is; IMO its not worth the price of admission if you don't tinker with it (but as I do it's totally worth it!).

Save posts like that for those who deserve it.