Notices

Good to see that now our N900 support 9 desktop by default and thanks to the CSSU for this great job.

I request all who are expert in making themes and wallpaper to provide links and attachment of there work for 9 destktop.

Effort will be appreciated from NOOB like me.

Thanks in Advance

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Long Island, New York
I think what you really want are custom image sets, set to loop seemlessly...correct? I think we would all welcome any custom image sets that cater to 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 desktop setups. (3 & 2 desktop sets as well for that matter). I wouldn't mind contributing in my spare time...
Only issue is my spare time is very hard to come by....but I'll try to do something

Lover of Music, Technology & Travel
If I'm not logged in, I'm probably jetsetting to a city near you...

The Following User Says Thank You to Swimm12984 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Swimm12984 View Post
I think what you really want are custom image sets, set to loop seemlessly...correct? I think we would all welcome any custom image sets that cater to 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 desktop setups. (3 & 2 desktop sets as well for that matter). I wouldn't mind contributing in my spare time...
Only issue is my spare time is very hard to come by....but I'll try to do something
Thanks buddy for ur positive reply

Originally Posted by Swimm12984 View Post
Thanks buddy for ur positive reply.

Will wait, no problem as i know there are other stuff which matter more to life and need to be done on priority

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
a 9 desktop wallpaper would be 7200x480 if i'm not wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to RiD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
The only application that can do the job well so far that I know of is Maemodder as it allows one to select up to 9 desktops as well as 9 unique backgrounds, or if you have 9 parts of one image, you could definitely set it up.

I am also calling out to the author of Wallpaeper, to update his/her application to allow for up to 9 images, as the is a great application for creating new image sets and as well as using existing. This is one application that is crying out to be modified.
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

I use Live Wallpaper for my other five desktops.

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 291 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London, UK
I am not using 9 desktops as such. However, I have developed a few wallpapers that may work on 8-9 desktops seamlessly (continuous/loopable). Please do check the links below.

For The Love of UBUNTU (Ideal for even number of Desktops) [8 Desktops]

Windows Mesh (Ideal for even number of Desktops) [8 Desktops]

Chrome (Ideal for even number of Desktops) [8 Desktops]

Chrome 2 (Ideal for even number of Desktops) [8 Desktops]

Honey Comb (Ideal for any number of desktops) [8-9 Desktops]

Honey Comb Variation (Ideal for any number of desktops) [8-9 Desktops]

Miscellaneous

Making a wallpaper for 9 desktops..... it aint funny . Its a lot of work. Will see if i can do something abt it

Best Regards,

Last edited by fareed_xtreme; 2011-03-11 at 10:54.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fareed_xtreme For This Useful Post: