Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
script is given duplicates, because it seems that they are several times in different groups. I need more time to avoid it.
otherwise cards in xml file are in alphabetic order, maybe you can delete duplicates
Okay, I figured out the duplicate entries, KeePass keeps a history of every change, and unhelpfully, exports it too! Anyway, clearing the history solves the problem, I will try and learn what the XSL is doing and see if I can put a logic test in there to ignore anything under the group of history. I will also see if I can figure out how to map images, as there is a field for Icon #s in KeePass...we'll see.

I've just sent you a donation, thank you for all your support, at the very least I can manage by exporting my Password DB out of KeePass and know that I can import it categorised under groups.

One last request, can you please tell me if there is an easy way to wipe out the database in Wallet (since I can't synchronise, I thought it may be easier just to start clean every time I want to "synch".

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spain
Originally Posted by travla View Post
Okay, I figured out the duplicate entries, KeePass keeps a history of every change, and unhelpfully, exports it too! Anyway, clearing the history solves the problem, I will try and learn what the XSL is doing and see if I can put a logic test in there to ignore anything under the group of history. I will also see if I can figure out how to map images, as there is a field for Icon #s in KeePass...we'll see.

I've just sent you a donation, thank you for all your support, at the very least I can manage by exporting my Password DB out of KeePass and know that I can import it categorised under groups.

One last request, can you please tell me if there is an easy way to wipe out the database in Wallet (since I can't synchronise, I thought it may be easier just to start clean every time I want to "synch".
No worries! I thanks for your donation!

Regarding "wipe out the database" (I needed to look on a dictionary :-), if you mean delete complete DB, you have to remove a qtwallet.db.sqlite file.

Protect your confidential information by installing Wallet for N9 and N900.
Visit: http://www.nowhereman.eu

Okay, some more progress, I must thank you for introducing me to XSL templates, I am quite enjoying myself!

I have attached the latest XSL I have modified and am using with KeePass 2.14 XML Exports, which is based on the original one you provided. Changes:

1. Transformation now omits history of password entries (thus eliminating duplicates in Wallet)
2. Telephone Numbers now mapped
3. <id> node now mapped KeePass UUID, with the hope of being able to merge XML exports in the future
4. <type> node now mapped to Group Name

What I really would love to be able to do is to merge the database with an XML import (you currently have a merge, but only between sqlite db). Since we can now matach the <id> node reliably, I am guessing that this isn't too difficult?

Also, what I want to do is create a template based on the Group name, so that when you import the XML, the correct Icon is automatically assigned in wallet. The problem I have is I can't merge (which means duplicates when you reimport), and the alternative is to delete the sqlite db, but then you lose your templates.

At the very least, would it be difficult to add a function to delete all passwords (but keep templates)? That way, I can delete all passwords, and just re-import from KeePass XML. This would be the next best thing to a merge, and would allow for a form of synchronisation between KeePass and Wallet.

What do you think?
Attached Files
File Type: txt convert3.xsl.txt (1.5 KB, 105 views)

Last edited by travla; 2011-03-26 at 10:21. Reason: Added attachment

Okay, some more progress, I must thank you for introducing me to XSL templates, I am quite enjoying myself!

I have attached the latest XSL I have modified and am using with KeePass 2.14 XML Exports, which is based on the original one you provided. Changes:

1. Transformation now omits history of password entries (thus eliminating duplicates in Wallet)
2. Telephone Numbers now mapped
3. <id> node now mapped KeePass UUID, with the hope of being able to merge XML exports in the future
4. <type> node now mapped to Group Name

What I really would love to be able to do is to merge the database with an XML import (you currently have a merge, but only between sqlite db). Since we can now matach the <id> node reliably, I am guessing that this isn't too difficult?

Also, what I want to do is create a template based on the Group name, so that when you import the XML, the correct Icon is automatically assigned in wallet. The problem I have is I can't merge (which means duplicates when you reimport), and the alternative is to delete the sqlite db, but then you lose your templates.

At the very least, would it be difficult to add a function to delete all passwords (but keep templates)? That way, I can delete all passwords, and just re-import from KeePass XML. This would be the next best thing to a merge, and would allow for a form of synchronisation between KeePass and Wallet.

What do you think?
I thinking in provide you a new version (for testing before ovi version), with id-on-import functionality. I think this is the best solution for your problem. Then every time you import your cards if one exists it will remove old version, and then you will not have duplicates.
What do you thing?

That would be great, it would suit me fine as I always maintain db on PC. Just give me the word when you want me to test it.

One other question - do you know whether an XML transformation can be done in Maemo?

That would be great, it would suit me fine as I always maintain db on PC. Just give me the word when you want me to test it.

One other question - do you know whether an XML transformation can be done in Maemo?
This is something that I was also thinking ... let me study

Hi there, hope I'm not being a pain.

I have found an XML transform app in the standard Nokia repository:

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...19-1osso4+0m5/

I installed it via apt-get, and ran the following command:

xsltproc -v [xsl template] [xml file to transform] -o [destination xml file]

It worked well, however the transformation did not copy the node names. I used the XSL template per my previous message (which works well via java xalan or the built in transformation function in KeePass).

I have attached the result, not sure if this helps you at all.

Cheers.
Attached Files
File Type: txt xsltproc.xml.txt (1.8 KB, 91 views)

Here is another cut of the XSL Template that can be used with KeePass, this XSL file also puts the parent Group name in to the Group name field so that you don't lose your alpha/numeric ordering for those that use Groups within Groups in KeePass.

It also includes the new node ExternalID, which the "updated but not yet released" version of wallet uses to synchronise entries between Keepass and Wallet.

Thanks again to nowhereman for the support, without the changes to Wallet, useable synchronisation would not have possible.
Attached Files
File Type: txt convert4ks.xsl.txt (1.7 KB, 96 views)

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Co. Wicklow, Ireland
Hi All,

New to all this (and to the N900) having come from an Android phone.
I have exported my HandySafe items to XML and am trying to format the file to import into Wallet. I looked at the format on the first page, but all my 'cards' seem to come over as fields on 1 card when I import.

Please could anyone explain exactly how to format my file to import?

thanks in advance,

Mike

@mmarks, if you are using txt file, try to put a empty line before each card.
if you are using xml format, try to export several cards to see a sample, otherwise if you can send me a sample of you are trying, I will take a look. But it will be next week, I'm on holidays!