Active Topics

Wow, this is great news !

Does it also mean that we could finally have an Android device with a USB host port, that supports streaming digital audio through USB ?...

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Here is what is going on concerning the infamous emmc bricking bug:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=26521643

We have a faulty firmware aboard :-(

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Chrome beta has N9 style tab switching. Would probably never notice if I wasn't addicted to swiping...

Edit: works best with the stylus. I can't swipe consistently with finger.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Last edited by qwazix; 2012-05-25 at 17:01.

Ok, I shouldn't have read this thread. Now I want a Note. I assume most folks here are on the N7000 not the AT&T flavor. Anyone know where to buy one for a decent price or is $530 USD about as low as they go?

First kernels from third-part developers are out, and said to be free from the emmc bug :-)
I am now writing from Franco kernel r3 which has clockworkmod... There is also Speedmod kernel but still without clovkworkmod.
So far, so good ;-)

EDIT: after 24h+ of testing I would choose Speedmod over Franco, at least for the present versions. Franco kernel gave me slowdowns, lags and reboots - maybe because of its abundant tweaks which maybe should be optimized a little bit more. Speedmod just works

Last edited by debernardis; 2012-05-27 at 11:43.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
Just got a Note today, my initial "Woohoo, little pocket tablet!" enthusiasm has, in just a couple of hours dwindled to "Hmmm, aside from the screen, this all seems like a big step backwards..."

Just opened my blog http://www.margaretscratcher.co.ukon my n900 and the Note, and my n900 scrolls smoother, reflashed to stock literally just yesterday so not overclocked...

Hmmm... Missing the keyboard already, and now it seems like I have to choose whether I want flash support but mobile versions of sites like youtube and facebook (Which I hate), or get to default to desktop versions of sites but lose flash support in the browser if I upgrade to ICS...

Ugh...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Tedri Mark View Post

Hmmm... Missing the keyboard already, and now it seems like I have to choose whether I want flash support but mobile versions of sites like youtube and facebook (Which I hate), or get to default to desktop versions of sites but lose flash support in the browser if I upgrade to ICS...

Ugh...
What? No...change user agent?

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
Not sure, literally just got it so not fully investigated.

The thing is I want ICS for everything else but to lose flash is going away from the 'web on my phone is the same as web on my desktop' thing that I really like about the N900..

And I'm not entirely sure why I was surprised by the fact that a song on youtube stopped when I went to the homescreen, but even so...

@Tedri Mark: Start by using Dolphin browser with a desktop user agent. You get smooth experience and flash.
Then ask. I have learned in these last 2 years with Android that stock applications are not always the best. Luckily there are alternatives which work well.

EDIT: by the way, your music blog seems to me perfect in Dolphin browser, or - at least - is rendered like in desktop Firefox on my ubuntu box.

Last edited by debernardis; 2012-05-31 at 14:41.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Tedri Mark View Post
Not sure, literally just got it so not fully investigated.

The thing is I want ICS for everything else but to lose flash is going away from the 'web on my phone is the same as web on my desktop' thing that I really like about the N900..

And I'm not entirely sure why I was surprised by the fact that a song on youtube stopped when I went to the homescreen, but even so...
Hi Tedri Mark. I suggest you check out Stick it! and OverSkreen apps.
They will allow you to play youtube in background (or in a window whose size you can adjust) and open multiple windows for browser.

Tags
android, galaxy note