Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
What unsubstantiated rubbish; why speak in such absolute terms (& so tersely/rudely), when you have little-to-no concrete basis for it.
I beg to differ. The true unsubstantiated rubbish with no concrete basis in this thread are all the speculations about Jolla 2. Jolla itself has never promised a second phone. Heck, they have never even mentioned it. This thread is nothing but a bunch of dreams. Which was of course mikecomputing's point. It may have been terse but definitely not rude.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I beg to differ. The true unsubstantiated rubbish with no concrete basis in this thread are all the speculations about Jolla 2. Jolla itself has never promised a second phone. Heck, they have never even mentioned it. This thread is nothing but a bunch of dreams. Which was of course mikecomputing's point. It may have been terse but definitely not rude.
Ah Pichlo, ever the contrarian, just, because...

His post spoke in absolute terms, I'm under no false pretence that there'll definitely be a J2, especially given the most recent developments, but we also can't rule-it-out entirely at this point. A range of info. that's been leaked & discussed here previously, suggests they have been working on something*, but it remains to be seen if it'll materialise for end-users. Perhaps he wasn't meaning to be rude, but that's the problem when you're so terse & then add "get over it", that's the impression you can give off, to you, apparently not, to others, potentially.

Addendum:
I do vaguely recall an article(s) linked recently, where they more-or-less outright said that they do have plans afoot for a J2, but that it's way down the priority list (naturally) right now. Do you not recall that, PIchlo? I will see if I can find it later... Of course, that doesn't guarantee that it'll see the light of day, they may have killed it or they may kill it at some point in the future, if the overall strategy changes or if resources run out.

*possibly Intel-based

Last edited by jalyst; 2015-05-29 at 10:45.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Ah Pichlo, ever the contrarian, just, because...
So anyone posting an opinion that is different from yours must be "just because"? What arrogance!

It was not mikecomputing who was rude. If anything, it was you. You were the one to stoop down to using terms such as "unsubstantiated rubbish". And now a personal attack*). I would really expect more from a moderator.

Last edited by pichlo; 2015-05-29 at 11:09. Reason: *) Yes I know you meant it as a tease but if you can clutch at straws to find something offensive in other people's posts, why can't I? ;)

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
So anyone posting an opinion that is different from yours must be "just because"? What arrogance!
I'm sorry if it came across that way, I certainly didn't mean to cause offence, I've just noticed you very often like to take an opposing position, nothing wrong with that per-say, it was more a statement of the obvious, I guess.

It was not mikecomputing who was rude. If anything, it was you. You were the one to stoop down to using terms such as "unsubstantiated rubbish". And now a personal attack. I would really expect more from a moderator.
It was: "There's no 2nd Jolla Phone. Get over it."; unsubstantiated rubbish, it's not personal attack though, the claim itself is unsubstantiated rubbish, not Mike the person, just like any claim that there "absolutely is a J2 on the way, get over it!".

Last edited by jalyst; 2015-05-29 at 11:16.

It was: "There is no J2, get over it"; unsubstantiated rubbish
That was my point. It is not "unsubstantiated rubbish", it is a fact. There is not J2.

Imagine coming to a forum discussing the Bigfoot or alien abductions and posting something like, "there is no Bigfoot, get over it." Sure it would ruffle up some feathers but until you can prove it was a deliberate provocation, you must assume it was meant to introduce some reason into the discussion. And it would be the Bigfoot believers to prove the post wrong rather than calling it "unsubstantiated rubbish".

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Imagine coming to a forum discussing the Bigfoot or alien abductions and posting something like, "there is no Bigfoot, get over it."
That wouldn't be true, as there is a bigfoot: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_Bigfoot

Now, let's settle down a little. This thread is all about speculation, yes, but also contains some important information in the shape of user expectations for a next device, not necessarily a Jolla one. That's enough for some folks to read, and I personally don't think that a post stating that "there won't be a second device, get over it" is useful at all.

This post isn't too useful either, but I hope it puts out there my wish to get on with the expectations thread

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
That was my point. It is not "unsubstantiated rubbish", it is a fact. There is not J2.
You're conflating what he was saying; he was saying that a J2 is never coming...
It's patently obvious that there isn't one now or any time soon, I'm not saying that's unsubstantiated, as that's well, obvious.

Now if he were to buttress his claim with more detail about why he knows there'll never be a J2, well, that's a different matter entirely.
It wouldn't have garnered a response from me, other than to perhaps Qn the veracity of some of his points, if I disagreed with them.

Please, lets stick to posting fresh or old J2 rumours, facts, & expectations, & discussing what they may or may not mean.

Last edited by jalyst; 2015-05-29 at 12:14.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
You know, I've just gotta laugh reading the last few pages arguing about the next Jolla phone. Right now, there are no Jolla phones being sold in my town. Actually, there are none sold in my state. Wait, no, in fact, there are none being sold here in the United States. Whoops, hang on, there are none being sold in this entire hemisphere of the planet.

The current Jolla phone is Bigfoot. I know the real truth: you folks are all perpetrating an elaborate hoax to confuse and undermine those of us living on this side of the Atlantic!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
You know, I've just gotta laugh reading the last few pages arguing about the next Jolla phone. Right now, there are no Jolla phones being sold in my town. Actually, there are none sold in my state. Wait, no, in fact, there are none being sold here in the United States. Whoops, hang on, there are none being sold in this entire hemisphere of the planet.
You think that's bad, it's not being sold in Australasia either[1], which technically is in one of the "hemispheres" it's officially available;
And that's despite it actually supporting this region's bands & being a viable option here[2], unlike the US, where you're lucky if you can get 2G.

But, we digress, again... Surprise, surprise...

[1] With a bit of extra leg-work it's quite easily attainable though
[2] Once one overlooks the J1's many other hw & sw flaws ofc

Last edited by jalyst; 2015-05-29 at 13:55.

Tags
jolla, jolla 2