Hey everyone,

I just bought a n900 today! I am looking for a horizontal belt holster with clip and belt loops and I must say it is really hard to find one!

The ones I have found are using magnets and from what I have read it causes a decrease in battery life due to the magnet causing the screen to go active.

Something like this would be super: http://www.onlyn900.com/sajaredbohol.html but without the magnet stuff I guess!

I know there are quite a few vertical options, but I am more of a fan of the horizontal holsters..

Does anyone have a solid recommendation? I have been lurking the N900 Case / Pouch / Screen Protector Thread but I haven't really found a good answer...

Cheers all!

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Texas
this is what i have its for a G1 it fits perfectly the box said something like htc eddie bower i got it from bestbuy. It does have magnets but ive never had it unlock on accident i think its becuse of where there placed I set it in with the screen faceing out.
Attached Images

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Texas
I think the magnet unlocking the phone is from the camera slide is magnetic and the magnets from this case are not that strong when faceing the camera away from the magnets.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Andover, Mn, USA
This is the one I use from case logic which they do not seem to have on their site. It was $10 at Target. It fits very snugly and I never have problems with the magnet or battery life. I also realize it is vertical but I turn it on my belt horizontal.... so ymmv.

http://www4.shopping.com/xPO-Case-Lo...-Leather-Pouch

Last edited by wowsher; 2010-06-23 at 20:24. Reason: add picture, reason

Hmm interesting! That looks like a really nice case Cobra!

What kind of clip does that case logic use wowsher? It is not one of those plastic detachable clips is it?

the magnets in the case can interfere with the reed switch which is the switch that reads the keyboard position. slid open/closed. you can unlock your n900 by waving a magnet over the bottom right corner of the screen. =D

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
I got one of the Easecase ones from ebay - they do a range including both horizontal & vertical, and you can customise what closure & belt attachment you want, as well as have your name stamped into it. Very reasonable prices as well.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
I got one of the Easecase ones from ebay - they do a range including both horizontal & vertical, and you can customise what closure & belt attachment you want, as well as have your name stamped into it. Very reasonable prices as well.
Doesn't look too bad, what kind of closure do you use? Inserted Closure?

Thanks!

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
I have one of these, which has a magnet and it doesn't cause problems (it is also a bit tight fit for the N900 since I dont think it is actually designed for it, but its good after some time of using which stretched it a bit it seems). I think the magnet needs to be rather strong or be positioned exactly "right" in order to cause the problem.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Open Source Capitol of the World
Use an older Nokia CP150 which has no metal, uses a belt loop and a velcro closing flap. Phone fits snuggly in the horizontal position. And, with a little practice one can even pull the phone out without hanging up on an inbound caller.