Notices

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by epage View Post
I'm confused. It doesn't auto-accept but doesn't allow the user to cancel? So what exactly happens?
When calling out, I show a dialog with two buttons: abort and done. This way the user can cancel the dial out. I usually need this for those times when GV tries to call my gizmo account and that SIP account is disconnected or having network issues - which happens too often for me.

Now when it _does_ work, I'm left with a dialog box that I cannot easily dismiss because the N900's processor time is entirely taken over by the phone call. Once the callback phone call has reached the n900, I can dismiss the callback by accepting the call and then hanging up.
In other words, that dialog box is a redundant nuisance once the phone rings.
Dismissing it is extremely important for ease of use.

As you mentioned, I will be using the observer as a trigger point to update history, but before that I plan to integrate desktop (Linux and Windows) Skype funtionality which I RnD-eed a long time ago.

I also need to get the symbian version working and tested.
(Any volunteers?)
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Are there any plans to make this support portrait mode? I would love to be able to dial vertically.

Originally Posted by xur17 View Post
Are there any plans to make this support portrait mode? I would love to be able to dial vertically.
Sure - I can take a shot at that.
A friend of mine has promised to help with the UI because he does that for a living - I can get him to help even with the portrait mode layout.

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
Sure - I can take a shot at that.
A friend of mine has promised to help with the UI because he does that for a living - I can get him to help even with the portrait mode layout.
Big buttons like the buitl-in dialer has would be awesome.

New release. Download it here.

What changed since the last time:
Desktop Skype integration: If you have a Skype subscription and you use it as a callback phone with GV, then qgvdial will attempt to recognize this and behave just like the phone version: Dismiss the cancel window.

What next:
Dial out. There's some interesting hacking going on in epage's TOR thread.

Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
New release. Download it here.

What changed since the last time:
Desktop Skype integration: If you have a Skype subscription and you use it as a callback phone with GV, then qgvdial will attempt to recognize this and behave just like the phone version: Dismiss the cancel window.
You mean just a regular Skype subscription? --no SkypeIN number? And without a need to bridge using a Gizmo5 account.

Originally Posted by gsever View Post
You mean just a regular Skype subscription? --no SkypeIN number? And without a need to bridge using a Gizmo5 account.
At this point it _does_ require a skype in number - gv needs to be told about that skype in number. When a someone calls your gv number, gv needs to re-direct to your skype in. Then qgvdial will be able to recognize it.

Hopefully in the next few days I will manage to eliminate this requirement and dial out through skype - which means no need for skype in - except of course to receive calls!

I just installed the newest version, and the dependencies, and it crashes for me when I start it. Is there a log file somewhere?

edit: it is giving me an error about libqtmedia.so.1, but I have libqtm-multimedia installed.

Last edited by xur17; 2010-07-23 at 22:05.

Originally Posted by xur17 View Post
I just installed the newest version, and the dependencies, and it crashes for me when I start it. Is there a log file somewhere?

edit: it is giving me an error about libqtmedia.so.1, but I have libqtm-multimedia installed.
There is a log file at /home/user/qgvdial.log - however, since the binary crashes because of unmet dependencies, I'd wager that it hasn't reached far enough in the app initialization to even begin logging anything.

That said, I'm surprised that there is a dependency issue. I am using that deb myself and it works well for me.

It may be a little time before I start looking at your problem xur17 - I'm in the middle of making the iphone callout code so that qgvdial can dial out directly. No more callbacks!

As soon as thats done, your bug is next on my list.

Good news everyone: GV dial out now WORKS!
Which means, select a contact, make a call and it dials out DIRECTLY. No more unnerving ring when you're just dialing out.

Try it out - the links are on the first post - as always.

Edit: To select the account to dial out from, bring up the settings dialog and choose from the Callouts.

Last edited by uvatbc; 2010-07-24 at 09:12.