I hace seen lately alot of 'smart' watches becomming avilable and are android powered & link to exsisting phone via bluetooth.

I am wondering although they have their own Android OS would they be compatible with the N900, or woud a simple program enable them to work?

Thanks

Craig

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
They communicate via the Bluetooth serial profile, but what they communicate with is a custom application on the smart phone.

Unless someone familiar with the watch I/O protocols (the watch dev team) creates an app for Meego, then we're stuck.

Gotcha, I was looking at the Inpulse watch, the guys said to me with simple coding in Python it could be ported over.
Unfortunatly i don't have the first clue on porting or where to start.

Craig

Here is the link with the python script.

http://getinpulse.com/developers

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I have a Sony Ericsson Live View (Is about $30 dollars), and you can run python code with it.

Check out this thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=65893
and especially THIS post!

So it looks like this maybe just possible!

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgrade, Serbia
No luck here, I have Sony smar****ch and no way to pair with N900 and N9, but looking for solution...

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by uros View Post
No luck here, I have Sony smar****ch and no way to pair with N900 and N9, but looking for solution...
How do you mean, exactly; "no way to pair"?
At first I thought it might be the Sony device is probably using bluetooth LE, but quick googling says it is BT 3.0 compatible.
(If it was LE, your task would be hopeless on N900 and fairly difficult on N9 as the former does not have the HW and the latter does not have the stack...)

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 151 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgrade, Serbia
For now N9 is able to pair with BT but without application clock is useless.

Thats definition of no luck

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by uros View Post
For now N9 is able to pair with BT but without application clock is useless.

Thats definition of no luck
If it pairs, then you can probably use it. The device seems to have a published Android API (Sony Add-on SDK) available, so just a bit of reverse engineering should do the trick.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
smart watch