Notices

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Earlier this month, I've been working on a FM4 App, which allows you to listen to the live stream of an Austrian radio station, and also see the tracks that are played (you can mark tracks as favorites so you can then later refer to this list when browsing for new tracks at home):

The app has been available in Ovi Store for Symbian and Harmattan for a few weeks now, for the latest version, I decided to port it to Maemo 5 as well. Due to Ovi not providing Qt Mobility 1.1 (which I require for audio playback from within QML), I can't upload it to Ovi, so here's the unofficial package for all Maemo 5 users.

Download: FM4 App 1.1.0 .deb for Maemo 5

If your application manager doesn't allow to install it, please make sure to manually install the package libqtm-11-declarative from Extras - after that, it should work without problems.

Artwork by Andrew Zhilin aka wazd - thanks

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
the interface is great and it looks so smooth )) great work !!

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Please, can you tell us (only if it's possible) how you did to create this application!? I have many Ideas in head about creating apps to stream reggae stations but no skills in Qt or QML...and all of these!!
Anyway it's a good Job! Congratz!!

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Great app!
It would be more cool, if it could make it to a universal radio app.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
hi..i installed libqtm-11-declarative and this app, seduced by its looks, but is not all so useful to me...how an i restore my system previous to this installs?

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
hi..i installed libqtm-11-declarative and this app, seduced by its looks, but is not all so useful to me...how an i restore my system previous to this installs?
To remove:
apt-get remove FM4* libqtm-11-* in xterm as root

The Following User Says Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
i thought libqtm-11-declarative replaced some of root files...if i just remove it wont i be in some trouble?..tks for the help.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
i thought libqtm-11-declarative replaced some of root files...if i just remove it wont i be in some trouble?..tks for the help.
No, libqtm-11-declarative installs Qt Mobility 1.1 into /opt - it doesn't replace any files. You can remove the FM4 App and that package using:

Code:
apt-get remove --purge libqtm-11-declarative fm4app
It will show you which packages are going to be removed - if there are packages that you use (and don't want to remove), just remove "fm4app" - in this case, one of your other packages depend on libqtm-11-declarative and you don't want to remove it. It could also be that installing libqtm-11-declarative installed some other Qt Mobility 1.1 packages as a dependency, you can check this with:

Code:
dpkg -l | grep qtm-11
If there are packages listed (with "ii" at the beginning - ignore "rc" ones; these are already removed except for the configuration files), you can remove them too - but again, it doesn't cause any "damage" or irreversible changes to your system, the only 'disadvantage' that you have is that these packages take up a little space on your /opt partition.

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
tks a lot! its just that my gsm signal is acting weird more or less since the time i installed this app..it is really weird..so i am unninstalling all that i can..as i dont know anything about programing..tks again.