Posts: 304 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ irvine
it dual core , 8 megapixel 4.3 inch hd. Should i get it but still keep my N900 . tell me what you think ?? Pro and Cons Please!

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Why are you asking here? Go look at an Android forum or read some articles that answer your question. They're far more likely to have less Nokia-fanboi anti-Android sentiments, have more details and hands-on experience than the people around here.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
True, Is it me or maemo.org seems to be general mobile geeks forum rather than maemo one these days.

The Following User Says Thank You to devu For This Useful Post:
http://developer.motorola.com/products/droid-bionic/

Other than having no keyboard and being CDMA only it seems to be a nice phone. It really depends on whether it meets all your needs or not.

The Following User Says Thank You to EzInKy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by EzInKy View Post
http://developer.motorola.com/products/droid-bionic/

Other than having no keyboard and being CDMA only it seems to be a nice phone. It really depends on whether it meets all your needs or not.
In the CDMA version, it'll be known as the Droid Bionic. In the GSM version, it is the Motorola Atrix.

Great idea and device. I'm tempted.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olighak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
yeah... seems nice n all, but nothing making me go wow. yet another decent android looking just like the rest. move along folks nothing to to see here.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
yeah... seems nice n all, but nothing making me go wow. yet another decent android looking just like the rest. move along folks nothing to to see here.
No there is some more to it. The "laptop dock" for etc. that turns it into a laptop/netbook experience or the regular dock that turns it into a desktop computer experience.

Convergence as it should be.

The Following User Says Thank You to olighak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
I told you this would happen. Go look elsewhere for a more experienced and educated opinion.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I told you this would happen. Go look elsewhere for a more experienced and educated opinion.
well its hardly surprising that people here will have requirements that resulted in them choosing the n900 rather than a similar specced android, it hardly makes me anti-android or a fanboi. i believe he asked for our opinion and i gave mine. i dont put much stock in the laptop dock as yet, although to be fair i haven't tried it. now if they'd stuck a similair spec into a form factor like the droid a855 - http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US...la-DROID-US-EN i may have been more impressed.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Originally Posted by olighak View Post
In the CDMA version, it'll be known as the Droid Bionic. In the GSM version, it is the Motorola Atrix.

Great idea and device. I'm tempted.
Motorola, hmm no point then as it will be locked down and you won't be able to install Meego on it (easily - there are always ways.)

Tags
android envy, op stop posting