Posts: 131 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ India
Originally Posted by panorton View Post
I downloaded 059k74k firmware and flashed both files completely. I then applied the patch in page one old_main.bin --flash-only=cmt and my phone is working. A thousand thanks to all who helped and the keepers of this site.
@panorton I think you have given me some hope with my N9's issues.
It seems that you were also having similar issues and were able to fix those. can you please list in detail how you did it? You can check my post about this. Many people have suggested that my N9 may have hardware issue. you can read it here.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=378

Please help.

My friend's N9 was behaving weird, he gave it to me, I flashed his with my FWs. Everything went fine for 20-25 days.. then one day his phone turned off and when turned on it automatically turned off.. we removed the SIM card, it turned on okay, no problem at all. So with SIM card on, it was turning off. I reflashed his N9 with my FWs again, but SIM card turn off error was not fixed.
Then I decided to download his product specific FWs from Navifirm (these files are huge and we don't have high speed connection.. sigh).. now I've downloaded his FWs, but failed to flash.. it says downgrading not allowed.. my FWs product code was 06, his is 05.. so this could be the issue.

Now I have 2 questions:
1. that SIM error, was it a FW problem or a HW one?
2. If that's a FW problem, how can I flash his N9 with his specific FWs?
The phone runs okay without the SIM card.. what to do? Help me..
attaching the flasher screenshot btw :/
Attached Images

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
aminulahsan,

Firstly post large screenshots of the whole process not only the bottom part of the log. Right from the first moment you typed commands till the end screenshots in large readable size should be posted.

Secondly, it clearly says downgrade disallowed meaning you need to use proper FW image for your device. The flasher output would mention the image version of your device as well as the one you are trying to flash. That would give a better idea then your own guessing of things.

I've desperately looking for a valid link to the flasher.

I've managed to download the NaviFirm and the firmware for my model, but I just can't find the Flasher for my N9.

Does anyone have a working link?

Thanks a lot.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Slovakia
2 seconds googling for alternative:
http://adf.ly/16193/http://www.mirro...hots.zip_links

Official Community-led mirror for flasher tools link added to OP.

Hello everyone-

I decided yesterday that I would attempt to install the latest version of NITDroid on my Nokia N9 Cyan 16GB (Product Code: 059K114). During the process, I accidentally downloaded the wrong firmware (.bin) file, and I ended up downloading the PR 1.3 firmware file for an N9 on 3 Mobile: 059L722: N9 RM-696 3 SE SE Cyan 16GB V1_COLOR. Not realizing I had downloaded the wrong firmware, I flashed the improper firmware successfully onto my N9. Once the phone booted up and I realized I had downloaded the wrong firmware, I downloaded the proper firmware for Malaysian variant of the N9: 059K114: RM-696 NDT MALAYSIA CYAN 16GB. However, when I attempted to reflash my N9 back to the original firmware I got a "Downgrade disallowed" message and the flashing process abruptly stopped with the following error message:

Remember, I'm not trying to reflash my phone back to an older firmware, just the original PR 1.3 version that was on my phone. Hence, I'm not sure why I'm getting this message when I attempt to flash the phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-bobofosho123

bobofosho123,

Just stick to which firmware you flashed; you can't downgrade to a lower PR Legacy so just stick to the one you have on your device; anyway it makes little to no difference... The little difference may simply be the pre-loaded maps are not what you used to have so you can delete them and install others; not a big deal anyway...

I don't have a problem with new firmware per say, the issue is that I now have two new problems that I didn't have before flashing this firmware. The first one is that my N9 is no longer remembering my passwords for any accounts and prompts me for them whenever I try to flash the device. The second one is that whenever I attempt to execute any command in terminal in root mode I always get a "permission denied" message. Any ideas?

bobofosho123,

Stop with the duplicate threads! I've deleted 2 duplicate threads after merging your original thread here.

Post your queries here instead!

Tags
flashing, nokia n9