This isn't really a huge issue for me but I was wondering if the headphones were made this way or if I got a goofed up one.

One of the earbud cords, instead of them both being the same length, is significantly longer. From the part where it splits (the mic?) I the left headphone is about 10" long while the right is probably around 2' long. I was just curious if it was suppose to be this way or not since it seemed very strange.

Thanks!

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Nantes (France)
Do not worry: your headphones are exactly like they're supposed to be. The mic simply needs to be not so far from your mouth, so...
http://blog.lmartin.fr

Ah, that's good to know then. I've never used the mic, just the headphones so the first time I went to use them, I was a bit confused. Thanks for the clarification!

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
The earpud with the longer cable goes round the back of your neck...

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Niles IL...Chicago born and raised.
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
The earpud with the longer cable goes round the back of your neck...
F'in Milhouse...I feel like a ****** now, I was beginning to wonder why the hell they made that so long...thanks.

I am curious if there is anyone else making a N800 compatible headset/microphone combo. I am not too keen on Nokia's design, as there is no cable spool, snap case or other mechanism for keeping the cable from becoming a tangled mess in one's pocket. The earbuds also tend to collect lint due to their gummy rubber design.