Hello i'm from Vienna and i will get my n900 device tomorrow.

I'm Not a Linux User (Mac ) but i hope i'll Get along with this great Smartphone/Minicomputer

Are there any hints for a New User?

Which Apps are a Must
Which Tweaks / Hacks are Necassary?

Or is it better to explore the N900 a few days before Tweak it (battery, speed, cssu) an live with the Out of Box Features?

The Following User Says Thank You to blumma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ New Jersey, USA
Hi - My name is Nathan. I have been a member and mostly lurker here for quite a while, but I think I am going to try to start getting more active on the forums here.

I am encouraged by the number of new members despite Nokia's recent change in course away from open mobile computing. I am hoping we can keep the N900 moving forward, and I want to be a part of that (despite not being a programmer).

I love the concept of Community Updates and I would like to participate in testing, documentation, etc. to help new N900 users get the most from this unique device.

Thanks,
Nathan

The Following User Says Thank You to nathanbibb For This Useful Post:
Hi,
my name is emidio, i living in italy, sorry everyone for my elemenray english, i reed this forum from 2006 when i have a 770 nokia tablet, end user.
Now finally i have a "super" nokia n9 black 16gb from october 2011.
Thanks to everyone for the helpful info that you read,
good n9 for all.

The Following User Says Thank You to smart For This Useful Post:
Hello from LA/Vancouver.

My name is Mark. Im a proud owner of the n900. Been visiting this site very often, just recently registered .

Last edited by mrk88; 2012-02-12 at 06:02.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrk88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
hi im ibrakalifa from indonesia, i love this community, and im proud to be a part of maemo history,

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
G'day all

Love my Nokia N9 64 GB

I have lots of .apk games - would like to figger out how to use a good chess game

We own an unusual GEEKS phone lol

Be PROUD!!

David
at-aussie

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to at-aussie For This Useful Post:
Hi all,

I'm Rajit and I'm currently in the US (although I travel back to Canada quite often).

I'm about to be the owner of an N9 (hopefully this evening) and I can't wait! I'm by no means a programmer/geek .. just have a lust for new gadgets. The N9 has seduced me and I'm sure that even with its limited apps (not a big app user or gamer), I'll have a unique beauty!

Cheers all!

The Following User Says Thank You to user_nameless For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Netherlands
saying hello new here

The Following User Says Thank You to lmfao0 For This Useful Post:
Hello all!!! Pozdrav
iam from Serbia!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sadovski Sasa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Toronto
Hi everyone

Just picked up a fresh Black N9 last weekend (from pacific mall for those of you in Toronto) for $500 CDN. I love this thing...it is miles ahead of anything else in terms of UI and is very unique. Hoping to use this forum as a good resource for N9 related info. I haven't checked my product code yet, but my phone wanted to update as soon as I put in my microSIM, so now I'm using PR 1.1.

Go MeeGo!!

Previously I was using the N8 on Nokia Belle, but it died after serious water damage I miss it.

I'm the only one I know around town that's using this phone - so it makes it extra special

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good shield for this phone? I'm super paranoid about scratching/dropping it, and I want the best protector out there. I really like the case that Nokia packages with the phone, it fits perfectly. I'm considering a zagg or ITG shield, thoughts?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Canadian_N9 For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org