Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Finland
Thank you so much szopin! It's working very well.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hey szopin.

Any possible chance you could change up the pointers in this release so that most of the game can be stored on a FAT32 memory card instead?

I killed the internal flash earlier on my tablet as I went down to only 1kb of memory left on the device. *lol*

Try moving lib directory to MyDocs and symlinking to it.

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Okay.

Just to make it a little easier though, could you package it as /lib/tome/ with all of the folders inside the tome one?

There's quite a lot of folders inside /lib and it's very hard on my end to keep track of them all.

I hope that makes sense.

Just move the whole lib folder to somewhere on MyDocs, and then create a symlink to it from where the executable is. It should write to the MyDocs then. Executable needs to be one folder above lib.

Gotcha.

Thanks!

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
These rogue-like games have fantastic graphics, don't they?

^ When you use your own imagination instead of looking at shiny images on the screen, then yes indeed.

Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
These rogue-like games have fantastic graphics, don't they?
If you like shiny, brightcolored two button games that scream FANTASTIC at you every five minutes, so you don't lose interest, RLs might be a wrong gamechoice. They offer depth, immersion, complex mechanics that are 'easy' to get hang of, but extremely difficult to master (in most, coffee break roguelikes usually are more forgiving). None of the attributes I just listed have a prerequisite of fancy graphics. For graphical RLs try LamdaRogue, IVAN, on desktop DCSS (tiles version runs slow as hell on N900), RogueSurvivor, Prospector,,,
Just one argument about graphics: imagine 16x16 icon of an alien hunter in AliensRL that would be as scary as that white capital 'A' when it appears in low light level few steps from you. Not sure if any artist could create a pic that accomplishes such effect. Maybe that's why aliens almost never are shown in the original movie...

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Would you be interested in continuing work on this? It should go to maemo.org as megaupload is down.

But i suck at debs