i use n9 for 2 month, it will be the perfect phone i have ever if the gps did not work completely. when i open the map, it takes too long to positioning ( over 10 mins ) some time it doesnt work, the gps icon flasing continously my brother have a galaxy of samsung and when he open google map, it responses immediately. SOME ONE HELP ME FIX THIS PROBLEM

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
You could try changing the GPS provider from Nokia to Google.

The quicktweak app will do this for you.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80600

i have changed it from nokia to google and back to nokia but it doesnt work. i suspect that software cause the problem of my gps

I have the same prob before but when I updated to PR1.2 things changed, I am getting a lock in just under a minute.

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Czech Republic
GPS on N9 is excellent

The Following User Says Thank You to MaemoJirka For This Useful Post:
Can't say I really use my N9 for navigation as have my E7 with Sygic GPS for that which is far better. Have tested Drive on my N9 a few times though and aside from the awful routing it's been fine, GPS lock is actually super quick for me, average of around 10 seconds I would say.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I have an N9 and have to consider its GPS one of the slowest on the current generation of phones.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Compared to lumia 800, N9 is inferior. Nokia maps on N9 is also slow and times inaccurate.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
On my N9 gps starts in 5 secons outdoor and 10 -15 indoor. No problem at all.

If it takes 10 minutes to find your position, the phone is not using A-GPS, but just relying on GPS signals. Do you have A-GPS enabled in GPS settings (there are two options in GPS settings, turn both of them on)? Do you have a sim-card inserted in your phone? And do you have an active internet connection?

Also, grab the GPS Meefo app from the store to check how many satellites can your phone "see" when you encounter trouble - http://store.ovi.com/content/200444