Please claim down, adobe said that they provide kits to Open Screen Project to port Flash 10.1 into N900
ARM
“As an OSP partner, we are working closely with Adobe and its engineering group. We are thrilled to see the incredible progress around Flash Player 10.1 coming to smartphones, netbooks, tablets and other mobile devices. As a consistent runtime across screens, support for Flash Player 10.1 brings a full and rich web experience to mobile users worldwide. The delivery of the full Flash Player to mobile devices via adobe.com and mobile marketplaces will allow users to always have the latest, most innovative version of the runtime platform on their device. We’ve seen Flash Player 10.1 run beautifully on multiple ARM® processor-based products and we are committed to supporting Flash Player 10.1 across the continuum of ARM CortexTM-A processor-based devices bringing the full web to end consumers.”
-- Ian Drew, executive vice president of Marketing, ARM
Source: http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pres...eSheetMWC.html

The Following User Says Thank You to downloadsoft For This Useful Post:
Posts: 330 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India and Amherst, USA (Current Location)
Nokia will decide the future of N900 in terms of Flash Support. Everyone knows that the N900 has the hardware necessary for Flash 10.1!

It's about implementing!

Well dont blame Adobe in here, Everything is based on market.
N900 market is pretty small compared to Android. So If I were them, I will focus on the android first then N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to tirtawn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
By the way, how many of us is here? Any proximate number of N900 customers?

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India and Amherst, USA (Current Location)
The number will grow in time to come as Nokia seems to be releasing N900 in many countries in the coming months.

This gives me a hope that N900 will survive for years

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
Nokia seems to be increasingly trailing the pack with development initiatives, not just in terms of their own internal development of features, but in terms of partnerships with other companies and 3rd party application development as well.
This is being recognised not just by us, but also by mass market journalists and, perhaps more importantly, stock market analysts who have recently started down grading Nokia stock as they see no future uptick in terms of innovation or competitiveness against the likes of Apple/Google. Heck, Maemo/MeeGo isn't even mentioned in the aforementioned article!

It's one thing for us to bellyache about Nokia not delivering on the software upgrades to perfectly good flagship devices less than a year old, but when the stock price starts to drop the suits will begin to take notice. Not that it will do us any good though.

If Nokia were to discuss their plans more openly, and raise awareness of what they are doing and where they are headed, and be seen to deliver upgrades that other competing phones also receive (or don't in the case of iPhone) then I think it will only be good for Nokia (and of course, us). Staying quiet isn't helping anyone.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by devu View Post
by the way, how many of us is here? Any proximate number of n900 customers?

..... ...

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post

..... ...

What about the number of downloaded fMMS app?
I know can be downloaded many times by one user, but also there is number of users they never knew about existing of this app or just don't need it.

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by sugar0 View Post
my phone is going straight on ebay! They really abandoned the n900 community to focus on newer products (read N8). They were selling this device for 599$ and all what we have in this times (with more than one phone OS) is an old and buggy crap! FLOWERS!
Haha!
I hope that the next owner of your device will be a better community member and less of a troll than you!

Originally Posted by devu View Post
By the way, how many of us is here? Any proximate number of N900 customers?
No, Nokia has never released any sales numbers for the N900. There has been much speculation on this issue based on numbers of app dowloads and the like, but there is nothing firm. Commercial developers who code to pay the mortgage really want to know the size of a potential market before investing their time and money.

My general feeling is that if Nokia engaged the user and developer community more directly, it would do a lot to calm the tensions that are often seen here and spur more development. The not knowing and uncertainty is far more deadly to the community than bad news delivered succinctly. Like the bard said, "If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well it were done quickly."

Rip off the band-aid already, Nokia!