Originally Posted by fezboy View Post
i had exactly the same experience, also when i go into manage updates and click on refresh the circle in the top right corner keeps rotating indefinitely
I had to remove /etc/apt/sources.list.d/filemanager.list to fix mine

Originally Posted by YavkatA View Post
I have the same problem, and I think it found the issue - when you installed the gtalk update, it locked the package database, and rebooted without unlocking it.

Code:
rm /var/lib/apt/lists/lock
as root solved it for me.

EDIT:

This might be a related issue.
I did a
Code:
rm /var/lib/apt/lists/lock
and the installation SEEMS to go well.

Look at the installed programs under settings - there is still a
!
after GTalk

asys3

Same here... Noticed also this "update failed !" - I try to remove Gtalk Video Call and that failed also ;(

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

I updated it without reading the forums and reviews, since it automatically appeared in my N9's software update. Downloaded it, rebooted, got that weird red text about "Rescuing update blah blah blah", logged back in with GTalk working fine. Did a video call with a friend of mine. I was using my N9, he was using Gmail. Pretty awesome. However, I noticed the red exclamation mark beside the Gtalk entry in Manage Applications. It says the update failed, etc, despite it operating as expected through GTalk. I guess we all have different experiences with the update, and I'm thankful mine didn't totally F-up my phone. Also noticed that when I went to the app store, it indicates that I don't have Gtalk installed. Maybe there was a corrupted registry entry or something, but I can say right now that it is working as expected. I don't want to uninstall/reinstall it now, as it my screw something up. I am just going to wait for an update to the update. So if you still have the first version, don't update just yet.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Where do we give feedback to the developers? For some reason I can get it to work on PC devices, but Gtalk doesn't like to play nice with iOS devices. People on the other side can hear me, but not see me. This has been tested with 10 different iOS devices now.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

I tested it today and absolutely no voice transmission what so ever, I cant hear and they cant hear either.

I installed the first version. Then the update, but it failed. I then uninstalled and then installed the latest version from Store again. Works fine.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
Originally Posted by fezboy
i had exactly the same experience, also when i go into manage updates and click on refresh the circle in the top right corner keeps rotating indefinitely
I had to remove /etc/apt/sources.list.d/filemanager.list to fix mine
I had the same problem (refresh the circle in the top right corner keeps rotating indefinitely), and deleted the mentioned lock file, nothing happened, but after I moved the filemanager.list file, and suddenly it works perfectly again. This list file is needed for something?

Thanks.

So I was able to fix my problem with Gtalk with an uninstall from the phone, despite it still being there after a reboot. However, the Store did not indicate it was installed on my phone, so I'm guessing it was a registry issue or something. I downloaded it, rebooted without the red lines of text during start up, and now it's registered properly in the Manage Applications menu, and it's working flawlessly.

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
success. i like. very much.
how about some facial distortion tools or fire breathing plugins?