Active Topics

Hi guys,

I just received my N9 yesterday and I have 2 questions:

1. It seems like on youtube or even the adverts from Nokia shows the N9 have a bunch of cool looking default wallpapers...I only have that blueish water droplet ones...can anyone tell me where to get the other ones? I searched the Ovi store and didn't find the stock ones

2. how do i download the voice guide for my drive app? I went to settings and it says "sorry, the voice guide list is not available right now.."

3. Anyone know if any developers or Nokia is planning to fix the wifi hotspot issue? i want to turn my phone into a wifi hotspot..

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
I know I am new, and I really do not mean to sound like a douche but really, do you read any of the threads here? everyone of of those questions have been answered in some form already. check the n9 section there are threads made for some of the questions you have asked and in the questions and answers thread there are some also.

sorry bro. i just searched and found some answers.

quick question for you though: when i click about product for my N9, it says version 10.2011.34-1_PR_005

is that the most up to date one aside from the new update coming out?

Originally Posted by asianmoomoo View Post
sorry bro. i just searched and found some answers.

quick question for you though: when i click about product for my N9, it says version 10.2011.34-1_PR_005

is that the most up to date one aside from the new update coming out?
Yes, for all except the chinese there is only one.

The Following User Says Thank You to crisscross For This Useful Post:
ok guys, i am a total noob when it comes to coding or what not. so i searched for the fix for the wifi and it seems that we type this in when in developer mode:

devel-su
echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/wl1271/allow_adhoc

My question is: do we need to type "devel-su" then enter then the rest? and I assume there's a space after "echo" and "1"?

I tried it without the "devel-su" and just putting in the other part and it says permission denied.

also lastly, what is that $ sign in front of where you type the code? is that suppose to be there?

Please advise. thanks!

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
Just type devel-su and then hit return you will be asked for a password
then enter "rootme" hit return
then you can enter the fix. I would suggest doing the .conf fix version since this actually works better.

http://everythingn9.com/keep-your-n9...ter-rebooting/

Its somewhere in the threads here also.

The Following User Says Thank You to warrentaye For This Useful Post:
Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
yes, you will have to type
devel-su
and the default root password
to get root rights. Then type the second line as stated. And yes, its a space and a 1. The $ indicates that this is a terminal command. You newer will have to type this.

Beside of all of that, I strongly suggest you not to play around with commands like "devel-su". You can harm more than you can fix if you are inexperienced!
If you modify the wrong files, your phone will get locked and you will have to reflash it, meaning to lose all your data and having quite some work ahead.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
i did it. thanks everyone!