Active Topics

Originally Posted by justmemory View Post
Hi All!

In case of anyone is interested I shared the chrooted kali image I use. Details are here.

jm
Hello! Thank you for the image. it works great. Just 1 question. I'm trying to add more space. As It is only using the 5.6GB that is the img. Could you please explain how to do this? I've tried resizing it with gparted and even virt-resize with no luck. Thanks!

Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Originally Posted by mvgrizzle View Post
Hello! Thank you for the image. it works great. Just 1 question. I'm trying to add more space. As It is only using the 5.6GB that is the img. Could you please explain how to do this? I've tried resizing it with gparted and even virt-resize with no luck. Thanks!
Hi,

one possible way is to create a separate partition (as large as you want) on your SD card or emmc (latter is NOT recommended!) then copy the kali image file content to that partition (you have to qmount the image and the newly created partition first, naturally).

Code:
tar cf - -C /wherever_you_mounted_your_original_image_file . | tar xvf - -C /wherever_you_mounted_the_partition_you_want_your_kali_use_from

The Following User Says Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
Hi, virt-resize worked. Just needed to set the new offset in your script. Thanks again!

The Following User Says Thank You to mvgrizzle For This Useful Post:

Tags
kali armhf, kali n900, kali nokia n900, kali rx51, linux n900