Notices

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Stanford University
Hi all,

We've released new versions of fcamera, fcam-drivers, and fcam-dev to extras-testing.

These resolve the issues with Titan's power kernel, BlessN900, and dcraw.

There are also several other minor improvements here and there, including the use of the power LED to indicate when the picture is actually taken.

If you have old DNGs you want to update to the latest metadata, you can download the fcamDngUtil program for your desktop PC from our garage project page. It's a simple command-line tool that'll update the metadata only. That'll let you access the files properly from dcraw-based programs (most Linux raw tools, Picasa) and improves color rendition and noise removal in Photoshop/Lightroom as well. All new images taken with FCamera will work right away, of course.

Thanks to all the users of FCamera for the bug reports and feedback!

The Following 78 Users Say Thank You to ETalvala For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
I am getting the below with fcamDngUtil under linux. In XP it gave no indication of anything wrong and too did not produce output. Tried various .dng files and different switches.

Code:
./fcamDngUtil -i photo2010.06.25_19.11.23.35.dng 
 Reading input DNG photo2010.06.25_19.11.23.35.dng
Illegal instruction
Thanks for all the work on fcam et al. and the the nice touch of fcamDngUtil
HA

Last edited by handaxe; 2010-08-17 at 01:32.

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
Fantastic, thank you.

Only issue I have is, I liked the fact the LED light did not go off when taking a photo; could this be set as on option instead in a future release?

The Following User Says Thank You to jd4200 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
fcam driver seems to make the stock driver working differently. When you installed it, whether you opening the fcamera, HDRcapture or stock app, the screen seems to be light up in the middle and darkening the surrounding edges. It's look like the HDR image but a bit different.

Is this normal? I flashed the OS and the problem goes away.

Bonza. Works great with Titans 40 kernel. Can confirm the very wierd haloing effect on the regular camera.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
works great

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
Originally Posted by jd4200 View Post
Fantastic, thank you.

Only issue I have is, I liked the fact the LED light did not go off when taking a photo; could this be set as on option instead in a future release?
I kind of liked that too - when I first saw the changelog I assumed it'd be some kind of red LED behind the flash so other people could see. Probably not so bad though, it's just the charging / notification LED.

It's just the charging LED on the lower left of the display side of the device, to give you feedback that a picture was taken. You can turn it off under the visualizations panel on the settings screen (drag the viewfinder down to get to the settings screen). We'll look into the haloing problem.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
the screen seems to be light up in the middle and darkening the surrounding edges.
it is called vignette, but I have no idea if it should be normal or not.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Kajaani, Finland
I have been very happy about FCam + HDR Capture and friends.

However, now with this latest version it seems that pictures taken are much more darker than they used to be. This happens also with the original Nokia Camera software. Has anyone else detected this issue?
Oh, and I am using Titans kernel on ideal settings.

Thanks again for hard work on providing us really unique camera software!

Last edited by jukra; 2010-08-17 at 05:34. Reason: Corrected small typo.