Active Topics

This is probably due to the new fading out and sound effects with the Swipe down to close!

Might need an updated SwipeManager in order to overcome this

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
This is probably due to the new fading out and sound effects with the Swipe down to close!

Might need an updated SwipeManager in order to overcome this
Yeah it's probably because they did the new closing animation stuff and hardcoded close to be always and only swipe down.

I doubt that a swipemanager update can overcome this, because all the program does is edit the file I mentioned in the first post. Unless there is some new trick there isn't much we can do because the swipe plugin implementing this stuff is closed source.

I guess I'll have to adapt my usage habits.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by smph View Post
Yeah it's probably because they did the new closing animation stuff and hardcoded close to be always and only swipe down.

I doubt that a swipemanager update can overcome this, because all the program does is edit the file I mentioned in the first post. Unless there is some new trick there isn't much we can do because the swipe plugin implementing this stuff is closed source.

I guess I'll have to adapt my usage habits.
Surprised it's closed...
Tried having a chat with the dev to see if he's interested in looking into it & making changes if/where possible?
What about MyMoves? It's diff. in how it works, but maybe the dev's interested in adding extra functionality?

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-03-07 at 10:18. Reason: typo

bump any news for swype up to close pleeeeeaaaaase ?

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Berlin
For me Swipe Manager is only half working on PR1.2. I always see the launcher first on swiping left or right, only a second later the switcher appears. Same for swiping up.

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by eriks View Post
For me Swipe Manager is only half working on PR1.2. I always see the launcher first on swiping left or right, only a second later the switcher appears. Same for swiping up.
exactly same case

too bad

I WANT SWIPE UP TO CLOSE APP PLEEASE SOMEONE

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
This is an email contact of the Swipe Man. dev:
ahf@0x90.dk

a lot of people already contacted him, no response as of yet...

The Following User Says Thank You to jleholeho For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
too bad

I WANT SWIPE UP TO CLOSE APP PLEEASE SOMEONE
Yes i don't understand why this isn't the default behaviour anyway; when using a single hand to operate the N9 it's virtually impossible to swipe down (or you end up clicking some random other area on the screen)...