Poll: What I would like in my new Jolla Phone is
Poll Options
What I would like in my new Jolla Phone is

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Because every ****ing thread about competitor's devices / future / speculated Nokia devices always goes down a route like this?
Relax give it a day or two and things are back to normal. The Community always goes on speed for a few days when great news arrives.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

I haven't used the N9's camera, but one thing I am always seeing with my N900 camera is how fast it is. Open N900 camera app and wave the camera around and the image on the screen is instant and sharp. Do the same with any Android phone (or iPhone) and the preview will lag and be blurry. I hope Jolla will have a fast camera like the N900's.

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
if you are sincere to help jolla. propose new phone design and ui/ux to them.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Relax give it a day or two and things are back to normal. The Community always goes on speed for a few days when great news arrives.
When PR1.2 and 1.3 came out the whole place went mad xD

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ York, Pa., USA
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
if you are sincere to help jolla. propose new phone design and ui/ux to them.
If they would be interested in my thoughts, I would love to talk with them (Especially about the U.S. market).

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Lets try a practical one:
  • an undestructable USB port
  • magnetic compass + good gyroscopes & accelerometers (for augmented reality and inertial navigation), a air pressure sensor might be also nice (GTA04 has it)
  • application-usable hardware buttons - very useful due to limited screen estate for buttons, can be used to quickly trigger actions (take a picture, switch to task view, start sound recording, turn page, jump to map, terminate call ...), easy to press when moving or when screen is not readable
  • support for connecting for both ad-hoc and infrastructure APs - so that the device can function as an AP in both modes and connect to APs running in both modes
  • application usable notification LED
  • solid construction that does not crack
  • USB mass storage support (see the MTP fiasco in Android 4.0 for reference)
  • a two-way application usable infraport might be nice
  • a built-in Qr Code reader + Qr Codes for package installation in repository/store
  • built in strap attachment point

Last edited by MartinK; 2012-07-10 at 18:19.

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ York, Pa., USA
Results Update: see first post.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
To be honest, I don't want them to listen to us. Well... sorta.

The idea of continuing the N900 is an old idea. The N9 brought with it a sleeker design - panned by most because of the lack of a hardware keyboard - that won design rewards. And they did it without any buttons on the face. One less than Apple.

To be truly disruptive, I'd love to see something totally new, not derivative of anything we have now and make that the new something we've been wanting and never knew we wanted.

Build it around hardware that will make it competitive yet advanced enough to make us not look at it and instantly know that it will be outpaced and in need of a bigger swap file in under 100 days.

The range of folks saying that 3.9 inches is big enough to folks that want a 5.5 inch monster phone/tablet (phablet?) means that we're all looking for not the same thing. I'll personally kill if I have to squint at a smaller screen in the future. I have big hands... I don't need a small phone again. I have big hands, I don't want keys the size of pins to press on while in a hurry.

But at the same time, I can see why folks say they want that. Fine. If I can still get around it, I can adapt. But to hear some of the wants... it's a franken-phone of the ugliest proportions if they listen to this entire thread. Open Pandora had too many buttons. The Nokia N9 had too little. The N900 - I found using the hardware keyboard cumbersome to use while on the move, I had to be stationary and settled to use it comfortably.

Yet... I don't mind hearing about other folks needs/wants. But to accommodate everybody's wishes and whims... it'll be a disaster.

Jolla, if you listen to anything, listen to just this. Do something amazing. Keep it open. Embrace the community. Keep the communication clear.

We will buy it... after we complain about it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
4.3 inch non pentile HD 720p or higher amoled display
capacitive touch
multicore cpu
1GB ram (minimum)
FM transmitter
led flash or xenon
camera button
micro sim slot
16 / 32 / 64 gb variants

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Taipei. Taiwan, R.O.C.
MTK 6577
Dual sim
If they could work out a turnkey solution with MTK, that would be great to let a lot of small electronics shops in the world to enlarge the business and the market.