Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Guys, relax. We all know the truly correct way to text edit is by manually opening up your storage media and using tools of microscopic precision to flip the relevant bits.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
hah! amateurs. real men use subsonic chanting to make subtle alterations in cosmic radiation, probabilistically degrading the hard drive over periods of thousands of years.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by int_ua View Post
I consider that comment offensive, sexist, overall discriminatory and just plain rude. It was left like this and with jedi's high count of posts/received thanks plus two thanks to the post in question it may look like dominant in the community for a newcomer or a by-passer. I'm just very tired of fanatics trying to shove their beloved editor/OS/religion/whatever down everyone's throat.

P.S. I don't demand any deletion (ignore the flag please). I've just said what I think about it and that's enough.

comments with jokes ⊆ comments
Wow. I just came back here after a long time away after receiving an email notification that someone had revived an ancient thread.

FFS, my comment was intended as a joke - y'know - humor? Admittedly it wasn't one of my best and it wasn't exactly side-splittingly funny but if you have any experience of IT you'd know that the argument over which text editor is better is older than punch cards.

You really think I was trying to force my personal preference of text editor "down everyone's throat"?! I really don't give a monkey's arse what editor you use. It's up to you.

And do you really think that some newcomer or passer-by is going to come across this thread and then decide that the whole board isn't suitable for them just because someone dared to make a joke about f**king text editors?!?

By the way, I'm stuggling to understand what was sexist and discriminatory about HtheB's comment?

Well, that's all from me. Until the next troll revives another ancient thread....

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Well, just to bring this thread back on-topic. Find attached the latest version of nano (version 2.2.6) . It will use /etc/nanorc (--enable-nanorc), but just in case I compiled it with --disable-wrapping-as-root.

Just unzip and place the binary in /usr/local/bin (or wherever you like).
Attached Files
File Type: zip nano.zip (74.3 KB, 86 views)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by int_ua View Post
I consider that comment offensive, sexist, overall discriminatory and just plain rude. It was left like this and with jedi's high count of posts/received thanks plus two thanks to the post in question it may look like dominant in the community for a newcomer or a by-passer. I'm just very tired of fanatics trying to shove their beloved editor/OS/religion/whatever down everyone's throat.

P.S. I don't demand any deletion (ignore the flag please). I've just said what I think about it and that's enough.

comments with jokes ⊆ comments
Dude, why ya sifting through ancient posts to try to take offense at something? Seems like a waste of your time.

Also, emacs is the one true editor. And real men don't use "⊆".

The Following User Says Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
oooh sounds like fun, which one now. ok.

leibniz gave us calculus so we wouldnt need to scratch pictures in the sand!
LEIBNIZ?!?!?!?

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
thanks! i was starting to think no one was going to take the bait.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:

Tags
archetrollogy, elephants fight, yoghurt+martian