Hi,

I've created this wiki page listing some of the more important development tasks: https://leste.maemo.org/Development/Tasks

If you're interested in helping out, that page might be a good start.

Otherwise -- porting any app on the wishlist is probably a good start too https://leste.maemo.org/Wishlist

Over time, when tasks are finished, they will be moved to the bottom of the table, I reckon.

Some of the tasks even have funding available.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Wish I would know how to help.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Did what I could. Made an Instagram update with Leste logo, asked for help, put your tasks link and a bunch of hashtags to reach for right persons. Atleast did something. And edited the post because of typos as in this image and added "Debian or devuan wizards?".

Edit: And wasn't an easy task to get this image to you. I can use this forum only with my N900 (sometimes I remember I have a workphone also but didn't remember when I posted this image). I can't access here with my computer through wifi cause my IP is banned and it doesn't change if I use Fsecure freedome VPN or not.

So I made the post to Instagram with my old iphone 4s and took a screenshot which I thought I post here. But I can't post here with my iPhone which uses wifi and is banned.

So I thought that I will send to myself the image with Telegram (from iPhone Telegram to my N900 Pidgin Telegram) and then post it. But in Telegram I haven't found an option how to send to myself something. So I first added myself to my contacts in N900 and then to my buddies in Pidgin but I did not appear in the budy list. So then I tried to add myself with iPhones telegram app (first making to myself a contact info on iPhone contacts) but I couldn't make it. Telegram does not make me to be a buddy to myself. I didn't want to send a random image to just some of my buddy contacts (would have needed to explain why I sent it) and then get it from there with pidgin telegram plugin to my N900. Then I noticed that I have this chat with Telegram which notifies me of loggings to my account. I tried with the links and yes, they were sent and received and I got them to pidgin telegram. Then tried with the image. Download canceled.

Ok. I have to send it to myself through mail. But I don't have my mail on my iPhone cause it has no security updates (and apple you know) so I need to use mail wth a browser. I've got (safari disabled) Kaskersky Safe Browser, Doplhin browser, Opera Mini, Dolphin Incognito privacy browser. None of them (it seems) opens startmail login screen after startmail updated their web logins to more secure (Maxthon5 browser probably would open cause traffic goes through their servers which is a very good way to use a secure email privacy in mind - but I had just removed it from my iPhone and did not remember it).

HOW IT CAN BE SO DIFFICULT TO GET THAT PICTURE OF MY POST TO MY N900 AND TO THE FORUM!?!

Ok. Can I take the screenshot of my post in Instagram with N900? Opera? Nope. Instagram won't show. Netsurf 3.9? Nope. Iceweasel? Yes!!! Finally I managed to log in to my Instagranm account and take a screenshot with my N900 of this post. But it wasn't easy.

But now as I am writing I understand I thought this on a too complicated way. Why I needed to get it as a screenshot? Why I didn't do it like this: taking a picture with my N900 of the Instagram post on the iPhone screen?
Attached Images

Last edited by Maemish; 2020-01-04 at 23:02.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
That is a very helpful list maemish, with a lot of apps i didn't know about, thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clort For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
I don't understand what you did or what you wanted to do

anyway, Telegram does allow sending yourself messages, and you don't have to add yourself as a contact. It's called "saved messages". Not sure if it works in libpurple telegram (pidgin), but it does work in telegram-cli on the N900

EDIT: Tested in pidgin - works too. Just press Ctrl+m, and type your name. Anything you write/send in that chat will go to your Saved messages

Last edited by sicelo; 2021-08-09 at 21:59. Reason: Add Pidgin info

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Have not been using N900 for half a year. Not sure what to do with them if I get my Pro X someday. Have still thought of contributing them to Leste team when Leste is ready. I just need to get my boards back. Otherwise I have a lot of spare parts for N900s which is also a good thing though. Waiting to hear news if tryz get's the cpus with extra ram and gets them working. That would be awesome.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post: