Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
I don't suppose the n800 is also pressure sensitive?

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by speculatrix View Post
I don't suppose the n800 is also pressure sensitive?
Well, I have a pressure sensitive N800, but maybe mine is special...

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Zuber View Post
Yes,

See it now. Problem is I'm so heavy handed (make sure it registers the tap habit) that I never noriced it before. Max pressure all the time...

Could be the screen protector I've got on there as well I suppose,can't help.

Zuber
No, it's just that the pressure range is calibrated narrowly, probably because it's meant to distinguish between stylus and finger tapping. Maybe someone who's interested in making a good art program could have a looksie at it and see if it can be accessed and tweaked. Applying a logarithmic scale would probably do the trick, but what do I know, eh?

The really sad, kick-it-in-the-nuts-and-watch-it-cringe thing is not that so few programs are aware of the pressure-sensitivity, it is that Nokia's own Sketch program doesn't use it! Talk about stupid...

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
the zaurus screen has been known to be pressure sensitive for a long time and I can only think of only one program which uses it (petitepeinture, which is qtopia based), so maybe people don't actually care except professional graphics artists who will generally use huge expensive tablets and massive screens!

Originally Posted by speculatrix View Post
the zaurus screen has been known to be pressure sensitive for a long time and I can only think of only one program which uses it (petitepeinture, which is qtopia based), so maybe people don't actually care except professional graphics artists who will generally use huge expensive tablets and massive screens!
Obviously they don't care if only huge expensive tablets and massive screens are their only option.

Nevertheless, the Itablet with its high-resolution screen and potential of pressure-sensitive stylus input could be a nice sketching and drawing platform for artists.

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
It's pressure-sensitive. Isn't that more useful?
I'd love to be able to tap multiple points on the screen for triggering audio samples, play chords on a virtual keyboard, move multiple sliders on a software MIDI mixer, etc.

Multi-touch would be much more interesting for me.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Spokane WA
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
It's pressure-sensitive. Isn't that more useful?
would make for better scrolling. One could do the iphone scroll thing. I know it doesn't do multitouch like the iphone since you can't use a stylus on that.
Isaac.S