Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
I hate how most of the American's are blinded by Apple's i crap.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
I hate how most of the American's are blinded by Apple's i crap.
Anyone sucked in by Apple's liberal hype is probably susceptible to it in general. I can't blame Apple for developing an effective campaign-- they're in business to make money.

On the other hand, Nokia's ultraconservative approach leaves something to be desired. I know there's a respectable middle ground between the two extremes.

Posts: 225 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ some where on earth
Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
Well it IS overpriced, even Palm had the good sense to cancel the Foleo at the imminent release of the E PC. This thing shouldn't cost more than $80 over the n800. Who do they think they are, Nokia the brand name means nothing in America.
I don't think the price is to high just think of the folks who when out and got the I phone $399 and like Mitch Wagner $60 a year for two years here's the math $399+$60 for two years =$1959 and taxes come on.
And you're telling me $500 is too much????? HOW

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by Sadavyk View Post
I don't think the price is to high just think of the folks who when out and got the I phone $399 and like Mitch Wagner $60 a year for two years here's the math $399+$60 for two years =$1959 and taxes come on.
And you're telling me $500 is too much????? HOW
As far as i can remember the iphone(4gb) at launch(we are talking about launch here) was 499$ so add 100 to that figure.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
I've read both articles.. his main argument "the IT is not a phone" and you need to buy one to connect from everywhere is plain wrong: whoever is going to buy to IT already HAS a phone to pair it with.

Putting a phone IN the IT WILL ACTUALLY force you to pay another phone (the IT itself!) and at a higher price (as it'll be a very nice fully featured and very capable phone).

I think he totally missed the point here.

But I have to admit that MANY of my friends always ask me: is this a phone ?
My answer: no, it was not meant to be.
Their complain: why not? it'd be the top with a phone inside.

Again: 5 minutes of usage, won't help you understand the Internet Tablet idea.

Last edited by anidel; 2007-10-26 at 13:36.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
I'll still quibble with that, with the qualifier that professional bloggers SHOULD be able to size it up in that amount of time. Folks that deal with such devices on a regular basis should have that skill IMO.

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Absolutely.

Putting the power of a low-end laptop in my pocket has immeasureable value to me.

I've actually traveled to business meetings overseas with only my N800 and handled almost everything with it. The only drawback I encountered was not being able to see my personal email folders using the Outlook web client-- and the latest version solves that (we just have not deployed it yet).
Precisely...

I foresee using it for the same reason, with an additional ultra-compact bluetooth keyboard for faster input, and a bluetooth headset for private calls. Hell, it can even keep me entertained before the meeting, with surfing, music, or an e-book that I'm reading *and* get me to the very meeting without getting lost.

}:^)~
YARR!!

Mc C

Last edited by Capt'n Corrupt; 2007-10-26 at 13:43.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
I've read both articles.. his main argument "the IT is not a phone" and you need to buy one to connect from everywhere is plain wrong: whoever is going to buy to IT already HAS a phone to pair it with.

Putting a phone IN the IT WILL ACTUALLY force you to pay another phone (the IT itself!) and at a higher price (as it'll be a very nice fully featured and very capable phone).

I think he totally missed the point here.

But I have to admit that MANY of my friends always ask me: is this a phone ?
My answer: no, it was not meant to be.
Their complain: why not? it'd be the top with a phone inside.

I don't have a phone to pair it with nor do I want one.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
So you don't want you tablet to be a phone, do you ?

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
You and me both.

For me, I use SIP. It's ultra cheap and increasingly free (as more people hop onboard and there are bridges between different protocols). With WiMAX it will have the reach of the cellular, but in the meantime WiFi at home, the office, airports, hotels (though spotty), cafes/restaurants is fine with me. Just one less cost/device to worry about.

}:^)~
YARR!!

Crapt'n