Hi Guys im new... and just wanted to say Merry Christmass and a Happy New Year.

pd: I am Planning on buying the motorola S9 for my n900 will it work? what do you guys think??? thanks in advance.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
hey,

yes your motorokr S9 should work just fune with the N900. the requirements for it to work are A2DP which the n900 supports so there is no real reason why it shouldnt as far as compaibiity but other then a manufacturer flaw, the software needed for these two devices to be paired is supported by both and should work like a champ.

if you would like to double check the spec's before you buy..

Nokia - look under connectivity

Motorokr s9 - look under the pic in the description of the motoroker s9 ... if you click the link where it says "check to see if your device is supported" dnt be alarmed that the N900 is not listed since "this particular BT headset" has been out for some time and they have not updated the list to reflect new mobile devices.

hope this helps,

Last edited by jalladin; 2009-12-25 at 05:00.

Yes, they will work just fine but not at the moment if you plan on using wifi at the same time. It's said that the next firmware update will fix issues with bluetooth and wifi being used at the same time since they're on the same chip. For now, expect drops in audio and maybe random disconnects because of this.

Make sure you don't buy a S9 off ebay - I got one, it didn't work; was a fake.

Originally Posted by riansalca View Post
Hi Guys im new... and just wanted to say Merry Christmass and a Happy New Year.

pd: I am Planning on buying the motorola S9 for my n900 will it work? what do you guys think??? thanks in advance.
I own an S9. It's works just fine with the N900. Sound quality of an AD2P stream is good. All of the controls work: play/pause, next and previous. Oddly enough, I haven't tried the S9 on a phone call. Just haven't found the right circumstance for it.

And as mentioned. The WiFi radio can cause drop outs when it's active.

Last edited by sljonson; 2009-12-25 at 06:53.

n900 + s9 works 100% for me..........

thanks guys. really helpfull will pick it up tomorrow

I have S9-HD I plan on using it with the N900, it doesnt seem to pair too well with my Sony W760 (that I got almost just for the bluetooth A2DP support or I would have kept my old W600) I think the W760 has a weak bluetooth chip, just putting the phone in a pocket can cause drop outs.

Sucks to hear you have to turn off wifi for bluetooth, does that take long to do? (I get my N900 today!) that especially sucks if your using wifi for internet and want to use a bluetooth keyboard or something.

Anyways in regards to the N900 I will definitely report back with now well it works and give you a comparison of the connection strength to the W760.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Indiana, USA
I had an S9 that I liked, but if I didn't have my N95 or 5800 on my belt at the side, it would frequently cut out. A few months ago I got a Nokia BH-214, and I love it - plus, I can use a variety of earphones with it.

I think the fidelity is a bit better than the S9, too.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by ViciousXUSMC View Post
Sucks to hear you have to turn off wifi for bluetooth, does that take long to do? (I get my N900 today!) that especially sucks if your using wifi for internet and want to use a bluetooth keyboard or something.
I think the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth interference is only really a problem with Bluetooth audio devices (where the sound is choppy when Wi-Fi is active). I think other Bluetooth devices like keyboards should be fine.