Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
as i mentioned earlier that i cant play temple run. the player moves automatically to the left. can it be tweaked to run perfectly.in this way all vertical games that require accelerometer is unplayable.
DARN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not Temple RUN!!!!!
This is a widely known issue with Android handsets with native landscape displays (N900 for instance). The algorithm is wrong, and requires code modification by the software developers of the game/app themselves. In short, the app "appears" to be portrait landscape-wise, it "thinks" that it is portrait while in fact, the display is visually portrait while the orientation is actually landscape. As a result, the user tends to hold the phone on its side as they normally should, but the controls are still on the landscape layout, so actually holding the phone upright portrait-ly is the position of you holding the phone while leaning to the left landscape-ly.

EDIT: To avoid mind****s, try to play the game, but tilt the device as if you are playing a landscape game. It sux.
EDIT2: I hope this sketch attached clears it:
Attached Images

Last edited by ammyt; 2012-04-17 at 20:46.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
ammyt where is that something you want to reveal??please reveal it soon...

so isnt it possible to do smthng that will make the app thinks that it has a portrait display.galaxy s can be used as landscape.also on portrait.similarly. N900 nitdroid can be used both ways. i thought that the N900 (maemo) was landscape. the nitdroid is portrait. no way to solve them? or make any tweaks or tricks? i hav seen many phones. my friends use s2, s, 4s 4 desire and many more. never saw this problem in theirs

Sorry pablocrossa ,I meant that nokia hardcoded ram for selling more devices with different proces .thanks u

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
Sorry to have you involved skykooler, really sorry.

The thing is, everything is in ULTRA HUGE FONT on the first post, the link for an AUTO-installer is on the first post, a link for the WIKI is on the first post, a link in the WIKI for the FAQ comes from the first post...
It amazes me how people still ask such provocative questions while there's an AUTO-installer available.
I actually disagree with this, unfortunately. If you look at the first post through the eyes of an ignorant user, the MAIN thing it does is to refer you to a Wiki. When you go to the Wiki, you get huge dramatic warning about how dangerous it is.

I can easily imagine users on that path asking themselves, "well, if this is so dangerous, what is the best thing for me to do?

So there is no way only to buy a new cpu and solder it into mobile. Iam gonna leafpad some ware I have that machine and I will not rework on software soldering

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
n9 use a8cortex and has 1ghz of ram, you wanna do some ecperiments? Wow thats cool, do it at your own risk and goodluck

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I actually disagree with this, unfortunately. If you look at the first post through the eyes of an ignorant user, the MAIN thing it does is to refer you to a Wiki. When you go to the Wiki, you get huge dramatic warning about how dangerous it is.

I can easily imagine users on that path asking themselves, "well, if this is so dangerous, what is the best thing for me to do?
That's exactly the point of the warnings: do not attempt to do things you are not qualified to

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Finland
help!
when nitdroid boots,it says battery is too low and shuts down. have used nitdroid before without problems.

thanks!

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
I get that all the time. If you put it on charge (plug the cable in when the Android boot screen comes up) once it is fully charged NITDroid will recognise the battery is fully charged, if the battery is almost full to start with this will only take a few minutes. I would love a better solution though, since it makes NITDroid a pain in the arse for me to use as I just want to pop in a fresh battery and use it without having to go through this rigmarole of getting NITDroid to recognise the battery really is fully charged.

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid