Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by robin92 View Post
when are next update?
Need something todo with my n900
I can give you tips, try the new Worldclock repalcement, it does work with Phone language English and National settings Swedish since a few days back thx to the new maintainer.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81582

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toxaris For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
I find it hard to believe, too. But I also did not test/tried it myself. So ...

That is true, BUT ...

... please try it again with IMHO "correct" way of flashing:
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f

flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R
first eMMC, then rootFS.
I am not sure why and where I read, but it may/seems to be necessary to flash combined before eMMC sometimes. But always flash rootFS after eMMC. That's the way I was always successful.

So please try again ...
Yes i am following that process. . . first emmc and then rootfs

Hi,

This is just a thought but could it be that the latest maemo update is causing the residue in the rss feed ??

I noticed the same with the contacts. They are also left after a full flash.

Remember flashing pr1.2 and then flashing pr1.1 caused the phones modem to show no sim card inserted.

Could it be tht ota update changes core files which do not get flashed by the pr1.3 combined, etc, bins?

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by dattadude View Post
Hi,

This is just a thought but could it be that the latest maemo update is causing the residue in the rss feed ??

Remember flashing pr1.2 and then flashing pr1.1 caused the phones modem to show no sim card inserted.

Could it be tht ota update changes core files which do not get flashed by the pr1.3 combined, etc, bins?
Don't say you are doing a restore using Nokia backup after every reflash. Do you?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Hi,

a full re-flash (eMMC & fiasco) remove/delete everything from your device...if there is something left then its either your didn't re-flash using proper way or your device has an-internal damage....

so proof us wrong by making a full video how you flash your device till the first startup....show us what your telling is true....i doubt it cause we have flash our device frequently & never got a problem like you did....

so proof it by making a video....

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Nothing is left after a full flash. Unless you have data sitting off somewhere after a flash that can be auto-accessed, doing a restore, etc, nothing should be left. If it is, then something is very wrong.

Contacts showing up again I might believe, if one of the PRs introduced the ability to read contact info off the SIM. I haven't flashed since PR1.1, so if something after that added a SIM import, that could affect contacts. But then N900 isn't known for having SIM tools, so I doubt that one too.

Very likely the data is coming from an external source. Be that a memory card, or a network thing, or bluetooth/usb sync. Do you have a memory card in the uSD slot? If so, have you done this with the card removed? Are you running sync on the PC you're flashing with? Do you have another machine setup to sync over bluetooth? Is either set to auto-sync on connection? Is it syncing after the flash process, but before you're noticing it? That would update your contacts, and maybe some shortcuts, like rss feeds & browser bookmarks.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
I'm seeing an update in FAM wanted to confirm. Anyone allready tried it?

there were tweets ( ) on IRC about it, so it's probably up and happy.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
thanks CSSU team!

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 369 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ituzaingo, Argentina
just updated to T-maemo1.2

is it me, or with the new hildon status menu does not listen to the changes in Gconf?
i set my menu to have 10 rows, but it keeps showing just 8 (6 + battery and volume)

i used this
Code:
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-status-menu/view/number_of_rows_portrait -t int 10
and tried killing hildon status and even restarting, still the same

also, doing a gconftool-2 -g reports 10 as result

can anyone confirm?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Harick For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing