I so wish it is Nokia.!!!!!

1. Nokia killed off wearemeego, which was wearemaemo. Now it is wearetabco.... Maybe after all they are rebranding the MeeGo for TabCo... A change of brand, badly wanted?

2. I seriously hope it is not the Win 8, which is very likely too,.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I liked this article from MeeGoExperts, back in April. I'm surprised no-one has mentioned it.

Other sources have meltemi down as either the codename for the windows phone project (but then again wasn't that Mango?) or the adaptation of the Swipe UX to Symbian.

There was a leaked internal that memo said, “There will also be opportunities within the Meltemi organisation, for personnel working within the MeeGo teams.”

This could be in line with Harmattan MeeGo naming process, maybe there could be a Meltemi MeeGo device, perhaps with an Intel chip?
Who knows?

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
According to this blog post, the PR company behind the whole campaign is 3marketeers. They are located near HP and in the past have worked for Apple, HP, Samsung and Sony (among others). No documented common history with Nokia so far.

The blog also claims they had received a German language mail from those PR guys.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
According to this blog post, the PR company behind the whole campaign is 3marketeers. They are located near HP and in the past have worked for Apple, HP, Samsung and Sony (among others). No documented common history with Nokia so far.

The blog also claims they had received a German language mail from those PR guys.
I want that German language mail...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I want that German language mail...
Was wird gewünscht?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Was wird gewünscht?
was sagst du? Ich spreche keine deutch.

So back to the mail, the tablet and tabco...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Florida
Has anyone considered the possibility that it could be a new company started by all those who've left Nokia's Maemo/MeeGo teams?

Edit: Left intentionally or otherwise.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to glabifrons For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by glabifrons View Post
Has anyone considered the possibility that it could be a new company started by all those who've left Nokia's Maemo/MeeGo teams?
Thought about it. I'm not sure if they would have had enough time, though. Founding a new company? No way. Bringing their ideas and expertise to an existing company? Yes, possible. But to create a whole new product from scratch within the Elop-timeframe? I hardly think so.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
BTW: Tabco sounded so familiar to me... now I realized why.

Tags
fusion garage, grid 10, internet tablet, move along, nothing to see, tabco, tablet talk, whoistabco