Active Topics

Hi all,

i just want to know, will we expect updates for OVI Maps from Nokia or should wait PR 1.3?

PR 1.3 brings Qt Mobility. That's the only confirmed thing

just anecdotally, it seems the ovi maps is kind of separate from the maemo or even symbian stuff.

in other words, i dont think it will be necessary for a new release to get new maps. really maps is just an application.

btw, it is a good bit better now with the little turn indicators and arrows to progress through route.

Can we please have offline search made possible in Maps.....

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to col37400 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by col37400 View Post
Can we please have offline search made possible in Maps.....
Totally agree with this. It a total waste of application if we can't even do an offline search. For example, going oversea and wanted to browse for a place and you don't have the bloody internet data plan or what ever.

Having had a GPS that can't do a quick offline search is worthless. That is in my opinion.

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vancouver, Canada
This question needs to be answered.

Nokia promised offline voice-guided OVI maps navigation to all nokia smartphones. Free. FOREVER. post-advertising, I think nokia has confirmed that the N900 is one of the devices for this feature, and it should because of the premium price we paid for.

it's time to stop all this mystery and for nokia to tell us when we are getting free voice guided navigation.

7 months after release is NOT a reasonable time to wait for offline navigation.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by excelar8 View Post
This question needs to be answered.

Nokia promised offline voice-guided OVI maps navigation to all nokia smartphones. Free. FOREVER. post-advertising, I think nokia has confirmed that the N900 is one of the devices for this feature, and it should because of the premium price we paid for.

it's time to stop all this mystery and for nokia to tell us when we are getting free voice guided navigation.

7 months after release is NOT a reasonable time to wait for offline navigation.
Um... to be precise it is only just 6months and 15days lol. The announced date doesn't count toward this.

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vancouver, Canada
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Um... to be precise it is only just 6months and 15days lol. The announced date doesn't count toward this.
so you are expecting offline navigation within the next 15 days? of course i'm going to round up. fyi, i know when the device was released

Doesn't sygic do offline navigation?

Does Google Nav have offline navigation?

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
Doesn't sygic do offline navigation?

Does Google Nav have offline navigation?
we talk here about Ovi Maps, that map app provided as built in with our n900 and should be full free navigation as Nokia promised, just like Ovi 3 on other nokia devices not more.