Active Topics

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Let us get back on-topic and not forget it:
With all this bad news you post all the time I figured out this:

You really WANT nokia to fail. Even if the board was replaced.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I am amazed how much name calling is going on here and no one is banned yet. If I called any of the Taliban here bad names, I be thrown out. Such discrimination.
+1 Ironic.

Do I need to say any more?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post

I'd have to say that it's probably the opposite. It's how Nokia could go from dominance to failure in such record time. In my lifetime, only Atari comes close to this level of fail in such a rapid time period.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
...actual source.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Your mama is on the brink of failure. NOKIA is going strong. Exercising, trimming fat, sweating, getting rid of all the smelly rotten dead wood.

Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
...actual source.
Very interesting.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
btw what rom and kernel are you using on your galaxy nexus? I've been using AOKP with franco kernel milestone 2 and getting the best I've ever got. Maybe you might have a better combo that I'm willing to check out
I'm still using stock--I tend to stick with stock on most of my devices until it's absolutely compelling to switch. I've heard a LOT of people love AOKP. Is it really that good? I haven't tried anything else yet either. I'm just not sure that I want to permanently install Clockwork onto my phone yet. VERY tempted, though. Very. The stock experience has been incredibly good, just the same.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post

So long as Nokia continues to do stupid things, make terribly products and treat customers badly--absolutely. Isn't that the whole POINT of business? Do well, reap the loyalty. Do badly, suffer the opposite. Duh. You make it sound as if you've discovered something I haven't already been pointing out over and over. heheh

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I'd have to say that it's probably the opposite. It's how Nokia could go from dominance to failure in such record time. In my lifetime, only Atari comes close to this level of fail in such a rapid time period.
Absolutely correct. Even though I consider myself a classic Atari fan (still have a LOT of their systems.. and I even registered with them as a third party developer and wrote a bunch of stuff in my teens for their systems), I still had my tousles with the corporate dimwits and our group (The Western Massachusetts Atari Users' Group) once even got into a nice shouting match with Atari's PR guy (Bob Brodie) during an AtariFest for very similarly STUPID decisions the way Nokia is behaving today. Openly and in public, we had a niiiiice argument and Bob even called one of our members an asshole. This was pretty much near the end of Atari Corporation's life but they didn't seem to care about customers--look where it ended them up eventually. Hello, Nokia. Did you hear that? Perhaps it's time they tried one of the far more successful strategies their competitors are employing--like supporting customers, listening to what they want to buy and (most importantly) stop making deals with Microsoft. I hear that last one is working out GREAT for Samsung lately.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Your mama is on the brink of failure. NOKIA is going strong. Exercising, trimming fat, sweating, getting rid of all the smelly rotten dead wood.
Oh it's sweating alright.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by caa View Post
Very interesting.
Especially how the (anonymous) commenters largely misread the responses given during the interview:

anonymous 25 April, 2012 19:23

"Android is a less capable offering than a few options that still exist within Nokia"
What rubbish. Android is open source and you can customise anything on that, unlike Windows Phone 7...Get your facts right before posting....
Alan Hart 25 April, 2012 19:37

>> "Android ... [is] certainly not what I would refer to as an open system."

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE SOURCE CODE AND BUILD IT YOURSELF!!! Just look at all the custom ROMs that are out there.
EDIT: those two could have come straight from Lubeman:

I dont care if the so called "Finnish profile" will be gone or not. But now they atleast made attractive smartphones. Read the customer reviews of the Lumia 900 on AT&T website.
anonymous 25 April, 2012 23:55

I have to say Williams is talking absolutely rubbish. Symbian had to die, it was way behind its main competitors.

I think in the long run Nokia could have made a smart move teaming up Microsoft, consistently Windows Phone has shown to have the highest satisfaction rating by all smartphone users.

The problem has been a poor marketing campaign by both Microsoft and Nokia, but I do see signs that that is slowly turning (UK Lumia release delayed due USA popularity).

Aaand here's the current winner:

Come on Nokia... open up your thought process... and STOP telling/blaming other platforms capability... Nokia is good at mass market, not smart market... I m victim of N900 (worst OS I've ever seen... even than IE6 for comparison), 7610 (it is in service center more time than in my hands)...

And I m not a Google fan boy... and not at all an Apple fan boy... But I m with community...

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-04-26 at 15:46.

Tags
backdoors, buysomethinelse, danrantos, goodbye nokia, lumiadork, lumiaturd, nsa_cia_lumia, seasons in sun